Anyone into Subaru's?

-
it was about 3 years ago that we moved back into town and my wife needed to get rid of her gassipper and needed a decent 4 door all wheel drive car for the Michigan winters
I had found a local dealer who had a Subaru for sale
not sire what the exact model was but we drove out there to see it and she hated it
it was the wrong model, wrong colour, and just plain ugly...she wouldn't even take it for a test drive because she did not want to be seen in it

well, we had already made it out there so I asked the salesperson if he didn't have anything else that met our criteria....all wheel drive and 4 door sedan
well...he said, I do that that one (pointing to the far side of the lot)
I looked and I said, is it behind the charger?

nope, he replied...it IS the charger
needles to say we bought it :)

I love the sound of an STi with bigger exhaust! I remember the first time I heard one. It totally blew my mind

I don't know. If the sound of a four banger blows your mind, maybe there wasn't much there to blow. lol

Anyone into Subaru's?

No. I can't handle their exhaust note. I went to look at the Scion FR-S (Subaru BRZ) that has the Suby motor. Looked really cool! The salesman fired it up and I thought "nope". No can do. If it was a flat 6, hell yeah!

Quote:
Anyone into Subaru's?

We just got our first, my wife is driving a new Legacy, I bought it because its an all wheel drive and I heard they are safe. Also, we bought new because my daughter will be getting a drivers license in about 7 or 8 years so I am hoping this will be her first car and will be safe and something I know the history on

Been thinking about replacing the Dakota. Been thinking of looking for a used Outback, but finances right now say different. My criteria is better mileage than the Dakota(close to 19 highway), a tow rating(mostly towing one of my 2 teardrops the heavier being just over 1,000lbs)and maybe room in the back to haul my nephews soap box derby car, all wheel drive would be an added plus.

Been thinking about replacing the Dakota. Been thinking of looking for a used Outback, but finances right now say different. My criteria is better mileage than the Dakota(close to 19 highway), a tow rating(mostly towing one of my 2 teardrops the heavier being just over 1,000lbs)and maybe room in the back to haul my nephews soap box derby car, all wheel drive would be an added plus.
a Subaru Baja would be damn near perfect for you if you could find one

we have two of them. an 2005 impreza wagon the wife drives and my 2012 wrx.
great cars have done very little to the wagon other than oil changes since new.

I haven't really looked much, what is a Subaru Baja, for some reason I am thinking it is kind of like the old Subaru Brat. I know there are some over on the teardrop forum that swear by Subaru's for towing teardrops. It seems most newer cars don't have a tow rating at all. I had looked at a Jeep Patriot but by the time everything was added in order to get the 2,500lb tow rating the price was in the mid 30's, and the mpg's were in the low 20's.

-
Back