anyone know this guy?

-
i dont think its stock right under where it says his quarter et it says estimated 425 hp no stock 425 hp 360's

I don't know the guy but I'm not too far from Auburn CA, and I have a few friends that live there so I could find out if you really want to know....but I'm guessing it's one of three things....

1. It's obviously not stock and he's just yankin peoples chain

2. It is stock and he misread the time slip and was looking at the 1/8th time

3. Or he's a complete retard!

Stock not as in bone-stock, but, as in Stock Eliminator trim maybe.

In theroy, a lightened Duster with a whooping of a solid or roller cam and a high stall and gears in the rear with very milled heads could do this. Even at a low compresion ratio.

Carb, air cleaner, headers not stock. Also manual brake cylinder. Lite weight wheels, love the skinny's up front. Lack of water pump to intake hose. (???) Noticed alot from under the hood missing. Windsheild wiper motor, wipers, ignition was removed. not on wall or fender.
Nothing in the truck but roll cage!

G/SA bracket runner.

Yeah its stock, Except for the head work, Pistons, Cam, Intake carb, headers, converter, gears and tires.

I met this guy and his brother at a cruise last summer in Auburn. Nice friendly bunch of folks.
I would not say his car even approaches stock after just looking at it. Too much going on under the hood, it's tubbed, has some kind of racing seats, as well as all the guages, fire ext. etc,etc.
It is, however, a VERY nice car!

i agree with drp2671 he is a complete retard! no true mopar guy would post such lies! a stock 360 - come on! i wonder who he thought he was going to baffel with this b.s. because he sure isnt dazzeling me with his brilliance! we used to run a 73 dart sport with a well built 340 in it. the car was as gutted as it could be and we were only running consistent low 11.60s. 11.50s yeah right!

i have to agree with cracked back.
There is alot of power to be found in an engine and drive train
that has not been optimized.
I would not claim 425hp for his eng nor would i call him a fibber.
If his car and his skills are finely honed, I think 117mph and 11.50et
are possible.

That is why it is so important to define exactly what you expect
from your build and maximize every detail.
An engine that is blueprinted with every possible part detailed
and fitted to perfection is still stock.
This includes polishing, port matching, and lightening.
If you have the money or skill and ability it may be possible.

Their is one sure way to find out: ask him - or - call him out.

i remember reading an article about some dude running a buick "all stock" and making huge power with only a few mods. like 13.5 compression and just cleaning up all the flaws inside the engine. no i dont know where the article is to prove it.

Stock 340, 3000 stall, and 4.30 gears. 12.90s

Duster at LDF show.jpg

This is for all the people that can,t use the mouse to expand the pictures.If you look and read the class numbers its a G/SA mopar to begin with,which is STOCK class.No where does it say show room stock.Now the the G/SA class call for a national average running car to run 12.30 seconds in the 1/4,and a 7.86 1/8 mile average.The national record for this class is,[email protected] to NHRA to do any bitching or complaining,that you can,t run a 360 or 318 in the 11,s,or the tens.So what this means is the motor has to run the origanal carb,heads,cam,block,rods,tranny,not the convertor,no porting to the heads,and other rules as well.So,if you guys and gals want to read a NHRA rule book,and use your minds to get your car to go fast,we can help you,if you want to listen.So if you did mods to the motor,to make more power and torque,with limited rules,you should be able to run low 11,s or mid 10,s with your car,if you listen,but this could be a stretch for some.As a final note,in 1976,our SS/LA 327 65 chevelle set the record for ET. at 11.41,30 years ago.So look at the pictures,go to the NHRA site and check out the class listings,then sit back and say to your self what are you doing wrong,and what can you do to make it better,Mrmopartech

It's definetly a stock eliminator car. But it is far from factory stock. In stock eliminator you have to use stock casting heads and intake plus a stock carb but you are allowed a certain amount of overbore and any cam you want as long as you do not go more than the stock lift. The duration and opening and closing rates are unlimited. You are also allowed to run headers, any convertor and any gear. The main reason they run so well is they are "bluebrinted" for real. Every part is set to its exact dimension so every part works together. A stock eliminator motor can be and usually is, a very expensive motor.

The car has what looks like an Edelbrock intake on it, (you can tell by the dual bolt pattern thermostat housing boss) which would not be legal on a stock eliminator car in NHRA as far as the rule book is concerned. He may though have a letter from NHRA allowing the intake. NHRA can approve individual items for use even if they are not factory pieces.

I'm not trying to take anything away from this car, it is a nice car and runs respectable numbers.

Chuck

This is for all the people that can,t use the mouse to expand the pictures.If you look and read the class numbers its a G/SA mopar to begin with,which is STOCK class.No where does it say show room stock.Now the the G/SA class call for a national average running car to run 12.30 seconds in the 1/4,and a 7.86 1/8 mile average.The national record for this class is,[email protected] to NHRA to do any bitching or complaining,that you can,t run a 360 or 318 in the 11,s,or the tens.So what this means is the motor has to run the origanal carb,heads,cam,block,rods,tranny,not the convertor,no porting to the heads,and other rules as well.So,if you guys and gals want to read a NHRA rule book,and use your minds to get your car to go fast,we can help you,if you want to listen.So if you did mods to the motor,to make more power and torque,with limited rules,you should be able to run low 11,s or mid 10,s with your car,if you listen,but this could be a stretch for some.As a final note,in 1976,our SS/LA 327 65 chevelle set the record for ET. at 11.41,30 years ago.So look at the pictures,go to the NHRA site and check out the class listings,then sit back and say to your self what are you doing wrong,and what can you do to make it better,Mrmopartech

Sorry to disagree, but stock, as in off the assembly line, and stock eliminator legal, are about the same as a pee wee football player and a roid raging musclehead NFL lineman. They aren't anywhere near the same.

There is so much that goes into a stock eliminator engine that has nothing to do with a stock factory part, camshafts for example, it's not funny.

Yeah he's used the word, stock. But that's about as far as the use should go. That car isn't close to "factory" stock.

Sorry to disagree, but stock, as in off the assembly line, and stock eliminator legal, are about the same as a pee wee football player and a roid raging musclehead NFL lineman. They aren't anywhere near the same.

There is so much that goes into a stock eliminator engine that has nothing to do with a stock factory part, camshafts for example, it's not funny.

Yeah he's used the word, stock. But that's about as far as the use should go. That car isn't close to "factory" stock.

I agree with crackedback 100%....

Nowhere on the link does the guy mention "factory" stock. Obviously, he knows what he is talking about by leaving that keyword out of his description. It is misleading, but not false.

-
Back