anyone know what these are for?

-

forced 340

Reaction score
I was cleaning out the top of my garage in the new house we just moved into and found a whole set of these seats in MINT condition! My dad and I think they are for a boat? Or maybe out door furniture? I just wanted to see if you guys have seen anything like this or recognize the marking.. thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0596.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 275
  • IMAG0597.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 277
i was thinkin that too... the seats snap in with buttons and look like they have drain holes.

Those are marine but I am not sure on what make. I have seen that emblem before on a boat just not sure what make it was.

well i was told by an old timer that they are from a 60's crown vic..... i will post more pics of the rest of the seat probley tomorrow... i just dont see these being from a car.

It does sort of resemble a Ford emblem, but I'm gonna stick my neck out....... and say probably Merc, and like the other previous poster said boat, and also probably 60s era. Good luck on your research.

No Crown Vic's in the 60's mainly Customs and Galaxies with a few LTD in the mix. But they do look like marine seats. My Grandfather was a ford man and bought nothing but Galaxies until 72 then he got a LTD.

what does the back look like? from the pics, they look too flat to be out of a car. More than likely a boat and were tucked away for winter storage and forgotten about.

That seat is out of a Crown boat. They still sell boats and that is their logo.

crownline? crown marine? crown boats? i looked at all of these and cant find that symbol;-( have you seen it before? or do you have a site i can go on? thanks!

That IS a FoMoCo mark of some kind. For the record, the Crown Victoria WAS available in the 1960s. It was an option on the 1961 Galaxie.

That IS a FoMoCo mark of some kind. For the record, the Crown Victoria WAS available in the 1960s. It was an option on the 1961 Galaxie.

Thanks Rob I didn't know that. I have never seen one up close. I have always seen Galaxies and Custom.

did ford make boats? whenever i look into crown boats, chryser engines pop up...

-
Back