Anyone know what this is?

-

racingsnake440

Reaction score
It was in with a pile of small block parts I got a while back. Part no is 4227670. Any ideas?

thanks

4227670.jpg

That is an air switching valve. fits a 81 to 89 models.:read2:
I think it closes the door to a fresh air breather when it is cold.

Actually mike is 50% right it is a air valve but, it is a divertor valve mounted on air pump for exhaust emission.For '85-'89. Usually they tend to "fall off" along with air pump and tubes.

A Chrysler Flux Capacitor? ;-) Sorry, if I had to guess, I would say something related to the emissions system.

That would make a good name for it Chrysler Flux Capacitor :sign5:

Actually mike is 50% right it is a air valve but, it is a divertor valve mounted on air pump for exhaust emission.For '85-'89. Usually they tend to "fall off" along with air pump and tubes.

So would that make me XX% right since I guessed what system is was for? ;-)

Boy I am glad a tec jumped in with the correct info.:cheers:
I try to stay away from tec stuff but I had the time to run the numbers and just got the name of it.

You are the man GTXperience!! I give you 75 points.:angel4:

Boy I am glad a tec jumped in with the correct info.:cheers:
I try to stay away from tec stuff but I had the time to run the numbers and just got the name of it.

You are the man GTXperience!! I give you 75 points.:angel4:

Like-wise memike! 8)

It was in with a pile of small block parts I got a while back. Part no is 4227670. Any ideas?

thanks
I have a dodge 84 1/2 ton and I have been trying to find that part. I cant locate it anyware. Any idea where I can get one or would you want to sell it to me

thanks
john

Sorry to burst your bubble GTX and memike, but this would be a proper flux capacitor :
flux_capacitor.jpg

The item you guys are trying to identify would be properly known as a "Continuim Transfunctioner" (from Dude, wheres my car).

As it stands under "common core" no one is wrong and everyone is partially right :lol:

Here are some part numbers to look for.

AIRTEX 7D1114
CARQUEST 73-3420
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS DV109
WELLS DV125
ECHLIN 2-29838
BWD EC113

I would be interested if you would sell it mine broke .let me know

@Mopar life
I have one of those diverter valves here came off the smog pump on a 1990 318, looks to be an exact copy to the part pictured in Post #1. Put some suction on the diaphragm port and it is functioning the valve and not leaking vacuum.

PM me with your address and I can ship it to you.

20201025_212321.jpg

20201025_212525.jpg

20201025_212410.jpg

20201025_212534.jpg

-
Back