Anyone know where I can find a wheel arch replacement panel for an 03 Ram?

-

low_kota

Reaction score
I know it's not an a-body, but Im trying to help a friend fix a rust hole on the left side wheel arch on the bed of his 03 Ram 1500. Does anyone know where I can get the best price on a replacement panel? It's too new of a truck to find in a junkyard around here and I don't want to trust a random website unless someone has had previous experience with them.
Thanks in advance!
Matt

Good luck finding parts for the truck, since it was done for 3 years only (03-05). Your best bet is going to be (1) pre-lube than go to the dealership, (2) call companies like LKQ who specialize in buying wrecked vehicles than supplying body shops with the parts. Should be the cheapest way to go.

http://www.lkqcorp.com/search-inventory.aspx

Before you do anything check with a dodge dealer as chrysler has been paying the owners to have the whole bed side replaced on these trucks and painted. A gentleman I work with just got his 04 replaced at chryslers expense.

Before you do anything check with a dodge dealer as chrysler has been paying the owners to have the whole bed side replaced on these trucks and painted. A gentleman I work with just got his 04 replaced at chryslers expense.

What was the Recal for?

The interchange for that bed shows 2002 through 2009. If you want OEM metal try www.car-part.com. Look up the bed side for the oppisite side and then call them to see if the section you need is still good on the side they don't list. If a bed side is too damaged they won't inventory it and that is where I locate patch panels. Search by your ZIP code and distance so it will show what is closest to you.

I know on my '04 I had to make sure to constantly clean fore and aft of the rear wheels on the inside of the bedside. Grime always got caught in there, stuck, and built up. There were no wheel liners for the back on these trucks, the "wheel well" stopped about half way down the bedside leaving a lot of room for grime to get slung the entire length of the bedside.

I know on my '04 I had to make sure to constantly clean fore and aft of the rear wheels on the inside of the bedside. Grime always got caught in there, stuck, and built up. There were no wheel liners for the back on these trucks, the "wheel well" stopped about half way down the bedside leaving a lot of room for grime to get slung the entire length of the bedside.

If there is a rust issue then a replacement panel is the only way to go. I would undercoat it real well after it is repaired.

-
Back