Anyone know where to find these....

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Its been over 4 years since I bought my 71 Dart on Ebay. I have one last thing to do before I can drive it for the 1st time!!!! I pulled the heater control today and the vacuum block is broken and the heater control switch was burnt into 3 pieces and had fallen down into the lower dash. Does anyone know where these can be purchased? I googled the part numbers that were on the parts and turned up nothing.

Part #
3431020P - VACUUM BLOCK
2864591 - Blower motor control switch

BlowerMotorControlBack.jpg

Vacuum Block.jpg

Try calling the dealer, and give them the part numbers. As of 6 months ago the PB switch for a 66 Cuda with A/C was still available from the local dealer.

Just did a search. Several places have one or the other. These two places have both, listed.
AAA Alabama NOS Mopar.
1-205-317-9980

Collectors Auto Supply.com
1-800-414-4462
I have found Collectors to be kind of pricey, but usually have the parts.

Need help ASAP....PLEASE.......

Finally got the parts to go back together and hope to drive the car TONIGHT

However when putting the vacuum block back on I noticed that there are 2 center contacts (for wires to attach) on the new block?? The old one had 1 center contact (but it was broken so there may have been 2 originally)??? The only loose wire that I see in the dash is a purple-ish blue color, so would that attach to the upper contact or the lower???? Does anyone have an under dash wiring diagram for a 71 Dart????

Just waiting to get the correct info so I can go back out to the shop and finish it up!

Vacuum Block (51).jpg

Got that figured out.....the purple-ish blue wire goes on the top center contact. There is a gray wire that goes to the lower center contact. Mine was tucked in behind the radio and still had a broken contact attached.

Anyway, one step forward...two steps back theory is alive and well... :)

Does anyone have a good picture of the brake booster area under the hood?? I have a vacuum line that is hanging loose????? The line comes out just behind the booster and is about 8-10 inches long.

Okay SOMEONE here on the forum has to have a 70-72 Dart that they can snap a picture of??? Is this a forum to help others or what??

this is a 72 dart without power brakes you can sort of make out the master cylinder at the lower left if the line you are talking about is approx center of the picture that is not a vacuum line it is the line that goes to the manual winshield wiper bottle hope that helps if it doesnt let me know and i will try to take another pic Justin

dartengine bay.jpg

the only line is that one that is just above the voltage regulator the line in the pic that is over the regulator it is about 8 to 10 inches long and it goes inside the car to the foot switch near the high beam switch it runs from that manual foot pump and goes to the washer bottle other than that there are no rubber lines near the master cylinder Hope this helps Justin

By the way i also have a 72 dart that was an original disc brake car with booster and there is no rubber lin behind the booster at all but it has an electric washer bottle system so i think that is the line you are talking about i hope

yeah that is the same one i am talking about that line goes to the washer bottle it is not a vacuum line follow it in the car and near the high beam switch there is a little pump right that should be where that line goes to if i am right the end hanging there goes to the washer bottle

here is a pic similar to yours and that is the same rubber line i think yes for sure it goes to the washer bottle and it doesnt look like you have a washer bottle on your car right now but that is where that line goes Hope i helped Justin

dartengine bay 001.jpg

THANKS !!!!!

I have been going crazy thinking "vacuum line"... lol

I even picked up the washer fluid jar today and never even thought about it! I guess in the panic to make a local cruise this week my common sense is MIA. Even thought I thought today would be the maiden voyage and that did not work out.... I can sleep a little tonight.....

Tomorrow is looking like.......
1)install the heater control in the dash (got my parts today for that)

2)install vacuum canister and lines (one from firewall and then the other from the canister to the back of the intake)

3) CHECK BRAKES...(converted to LBP front discs)

4) CLEAN...CLEAN ....THEN CLEAN SOME MORE!! The car has been sitting in the body shop and then our shop for 3 years now and the engine compartment is water spotted from the wet sanding, then dust on top of that and then DIRTY on top of that!!

I am going to leave the washer fluid jar and A/C off the car until I drive it a few times and work out any bugs....and theres been PLENTY of those in this project!! lol

71DartDrSideInShop.jpg

Well good luck with the rest of your work sleep well and above all enjoy the hell outta that beautiful dart. Justin

JJR426---- can you please post a picture of the routing of the vacuum lines from the canister on the passengers inner fender well?? I am trying to figure out those lines. I know the small line comes from the firewall, but the larger of the two, I think, goes to the Y fitting behind the carb??

here crazycarguy i am not sure if this will help cause my wifes car is a /6 but here they are anyway the pic of the top of the canister the two lines on the far left are just plugged off so i dont know where they go but the vacuum line closest to the firewall goes to the carb and the line just behind it (second from the firewall) goes to the metal line on the firewall that i bellieve goes to the fuel tank hope this helps if not send me a pm and i will try to find if one of my other darts has one i can take a pic of Good luck Justin

dartengine bay 002.jpg

dartengine bay 003.jpg

Thanks...I really appreciate all the help!!

I am going crazy trying to figure all this out! :) I need to find some sort of manual that has all the vacuum and electrical diagrams. Since I started going over a few things I realize that I have several other issues. There is a large vacuum style line coming from the breather cap that looks like it should go to the side of the carb?? Also on the bottom of the air cleaner there is a really small vacuum line that looks like it should hook up somewhere on the left (passengers side) of the carb??? But I have no open vacuum ports so I guess since the carb on the car is a later replacement model, the number vacuum ports are different?? As much as this is driving me crazy hunting all these thing...I am enjoying chasing all the issues!! It is the only way to learn!! :)

no problem anything i can do to help just let me know. by the way what motor is in your car. Justin

I know I'm prolly a little late but I'm a mopar parts dealer and I hae info on the 2 part #'s you listed

3431020P now superceeds to 3895790 their is plenty avalible from any dealer (if they dont have it they can usually get it next day) list $ is $66.35 and is now called a switch if you let me know whare you are I can check the locator so you can see te part before you buy it (no return on special orders)

2864591 is declared NS1 (discontinued)

FINALLY.........After 3 years 1 month and 1 day.....The Dart made it out on the streets under its own power!! I still have not driven it though!! I gave those honors to my Dad who has done the majority of the work on it!!! It started out that I was helping quite a bit. Together we pulled the motor and transmission. Then rebuilt all the suspension to converted to front disc and LBP rearend. Then in May of 2006 my wife and I moved 800 miles away. So that pretty much left my Dad to do all the work from that point on. But finally today, we fired it up and Dad drove it a mile down the road and back. :) :) Tomorrow I will go get the tags and drive it a little so we can work out any little issues before I make the next cruise night!!!

Congrats crazycarguy that is what its all about the first time out makes all the BS worth it. Again Congrats Justin

Well I still need to figure out why the heater/AC controls do not stick through the dash plate very far?? The switch for the heater blower motor is almost flush with the face plate on the dash?? It is the exact same style of switch as waht was on there from the factory and I know the heater control panel is mounted up flush to the back of the dash frame. On the side closest to the instrument cluster, the attaching stud and nut that holds the heater controls up to the dash was a PAIN to get on there!! I fought that for at least 45 minutes. I ended up using a box end wrench and just using a couple of fingers to hold it in place through the small open just above the heater control panel and turning the mounting stud with a piece of vacuum line to get the nut started. All that because my arms were not long enough to reach from the glove box, around the defroster duct, over the wiper linkage and then bent back around to the 3/8's nut on the back of the dash.... But it got done!! :)

Specs on the new motor are 9:1 pistons, mildly ported heads, .410 lift cam (similar to an E58 360 grind) and of course a 2bbl :)

-
Back