Anyone near Chicago/NW Indiana/southern Wisconsin

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
Well ive been fallowing a thread that a member has had to give up redoing his 65 cuda cuz his heath will not let him ..So i thought i would get some more peepers on this here are very own KrazyKuda Aka Karl . Would like to get some members togather and help this feller put his car togaher. This aint a help with money thread its just helping put a car toagher and spending time with your FABO brothers and sisters . I wished i could make it sounds like fun . And you aint going to find a better friend then karl .

Well ive been fallowing a thread that a member has had to give up redoing his 65 cuda cuz his heath will not let him ..So i thought i would get some more peepers on this here are very own KrazyKuda Aka Karl . Would like to get some members togather and help this feller put his car togaher. This aint a help with money thread its just helping put a car toagher and spending time with your FABO brothers and sisters . I wished i could make it sounds like fun . And you aint going to find a better friend then karl .

I would be more then glad to help but due to my location I might be able to provide some parts for it! Especially since it's an early A-body!

:burnout:

We need to get the original poster for the thread to buy in.

He wanted to do custom suspension and other mods that he did not buy the parts for. I would gladly help get it "running" with original suspension and what he already has.

The other issue is: Will he keep it or have to end up selling it anyway to pay his medical bills.

I'm willing to help if he can keep it and enjoy driving it. But if we have to go through all that effort and he will end up selling it, he may as well sell it as it is right now. It makes no sense to get together if he is going to have to get rid of it afterwards. It's not worth the effort to me if he can't keep it and enjoy driving it himself.

He wanted to do custom suspension and other mods that he did not buy the parts for. I would gladly help get it "running" with original suspension and what he already has.

The other issue is: Will he keep it or have to end up selling it anyway to pay his medical bills.

I'm willing to help if he can keep it and enjoy driving it. But if we have to go through all that effort and he will end up selling it, he may as well sell it as it is right now. It makes no sense to get together if he is going to have to get rid of it afterwards. It's not worth the effort to me if he can't keep it and enjoy driving it himself.

While I agree with you in part, Karl, I also look at it this way: Even if he does end up having to sell the car after we all help him put it back together, he will get more money out of it in a driving condition than he will as just parts to be assembled. That way, after the medical bills are paid, he may have some extra for other expenses. As a husband to a wife with Crohn's disease, I know that doctor's bills aren't the only expenses. There are also medications, and those are not cheap. One of my wife's medications runs $1500 for just two doses!

So regardless if he keeps the car and drives it or he does end up selling it, we will be putting him in a better position than if we leave things as they are right now. That's my $.02, and I'm sticking to it.

This would be a cool project if he was able to keep the car.

I see the rear end is just a housing and the block is bare so are all the parts there to assemble the car? Special made drive shaft? Windshield gaskets? All this is going to cost some serious coin if it isn't there now. If the parts are not with the car then a way to fund their purchase would need to happen should members choose to take on this build.

While I agree with you in part, Karl, I also look at it this way: Even if he does end up having to sell the car after we all help him put it back together, he will get more money out of it in a driving condition than he will as just parts to be assembled. That way, after the medical bills are paid, he may have some extra for other expenses. As a husband to a wife with Crohn's disease, I know that doctor's bills aren't the only expenses. There are also medications, and those are not cheap. One of my wife's medications runs $1500 for just two doses!

So regardless if he keeps the car and drives it or he does end up selling it, we will be putting him in a better position than if we leave things as they are right now. That's my $.02, and I'm sticking to it.

Ok, good point.

But there are two issues that I can see.

#1 Does the owner WANT us to do this for him? Is he willing to accept us to build the car back to more of a "stock" condition than the "balls out" condition that he wanted to build originally?

#2 How much more will the car be worth after we are done? If I remember, David down in Georgia had some hard times selling Goldie which was supposed to be in very good condition when he sold it. I tried to look up the for sale ads, but they were done on craigslist and are no longer available.

This would be a cool project if he was able to keep the car.

I see the rear end is just a housing and the block is bare so are all the parts there to assemble the car? Special made drive shaft? Windshield gaskets? All this is going to cost some serious coin if it isn't there now. If the parts are not with the car then a way to fund their purchase would need to happen should members choose to take on this build.

Another good point that I overlooked originally.

i agree we have to get the original poster owner get to agree to this. one are all the parts there to put it back together. and where does he live i might be able to show up to help and do what i can. i have family that lives in south western michigan but i would be come from detroit

Ok, good point.

But there are two issues that I can see.

#1 Does the owner WANT us to do this for him? Is he willing to accept us to build the car back to more of a "stock" condition than the "balls out" condition that he wanted to build originally?

#2 How much more will the car be worth after we are done? If I remember, David down in Georgia had some hard times selling Goldie which was supposed to be in very good condition when he sold it. I tried to look up the for sale ads, but they were done on craigslist and are no longer available.

This, too, is a good point. Talking about this is all fine and good, but we need to get the owner's input, and see if he even wants the help, or if he just wants to wash his hands of the whole thing at this point. All this talk is just that if he doesn't want the help.

Once upon a time there was thread to help a member save his car... the member wound up selling it anyway. No warning, no notice to the people who helped, he just did it. After it was sold there was no talk about reimbursing the folks for
the help they had given to help him keep his car, he pocketed everything.

It made for some bad feelings on the site for a quite a while afterward.

I understand the member is in a bit of a bind and we're talking about fulfilling his dreams, but the car may wind up having to be sold in the long run, anyway. It would be tough to see if that lead to some bad feelings between those who helped and the person who was helped.

I'm not saying do it or don't, I'm just throwing this out there as food for thought.

With him having Crohn's disease, he may not be able to post right now. I know there are days when my wife can't even get out of bed. Hopefully he's not in the hospital. Sharko, if you see this, let us know you're okay!

Let's remember Shannon in our prayers guys.

Most definitely! I have seen first hand the horrors that this disease causes. My wife and my father-in-law have both been hospitalized numerous times because of Crohn's. It is never a pleasant day when you have to witness your wife getting an NG tube shoved up her nose, down into her stomach, and you hear the cartilage in her sinuses crunch as it goes through. I would rather be kicked in the balls every hour of every day than have to watch her go through that again!

Hey guys, sorry I been out of commission for awhile, Im pretty healed up now after my my major surgery, I had quite a bit done and just now getting back up and around a little bit, I would actually love to keep the car and get it back together, but I don't have the money and Im missing a lot of parts, bare block, no suspension, but I do have all the replacement panels, and a lot of other misc. things.
I just want to say thank you to all the awesome members on here, and I would love to get my baby back on the street.
I could keep the car, but I don't have the money, parts, or health to get it back together, so let me know if you guys are interested in helping cause it would mean the world to me.
Thanks everyone and let me know your thoughts.
I live in a northwest suburb of Chicago, Streamwood, Illinois, 60103

Hey guys, sorry I been out of commission for awhile, Im pretty healed up now after my my major surgery, I had quite a bit done and just now getting back up and around a little bit, I would actually love to keep the car and get it back together, but I don't have the money and Im missing a lot of parts, bare block, no suspension, but I do have all the replacement panels, and a lot of other misc. things.
I just want to say thank you to all the awesome members on here, and I would love to get my baby back on the street.
I could keep the car, but I don't have the money, parts, or health to get it back together, so let me know if you guys are interested in helping cause it would mean the world to me.

Can you post super detailed pictures of all the parts that you do have and post a detailed list of what is missing?

This ^^^^^ If you're gonna do it to help him out, do it regardless of whether he keeps it. It will help him either way. Sad to see it go if he has to sell, but he'll get a better price and that will help him in the long run. I wish I was closer. I'd be in.

Like Oklacarcollector says. We need an inventory of what you have, but most importantly what you need. Maybe we can start donating a part or two until we can get a whole "section" together and then come and put it together and on the car.

I don't have any early a parts lying around but I have a upholstery shop and could donate some nice quality labor if would help.
I hope this can be pulled together for you. Feel free to pm me.

Ok people. I have just sent Sharko/Shannon a PM. I am willing to go visit him and see what he has and what we need to get the car back on the road.

I'm waiting for his reply so then we can start the next step to gather parts for each 'stage' of the build. I'll let you know anything as soon as I can.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=237530&page=2

-
Back