Anyone need anything glass bead blasted?

-

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
Where I work, I sit at a big glass bead blasting cabinet all day blasting locomotive parts. We use a really fine, and expensive, glass media that does a great job on parts. It isn't magic, but it is gentle enough to remove everything but keep stamped numbers, etc in place. I use it alot for my own stuff, even though I'm really not supposed to. Train parts get boring. I was thinking, that I'm willing to do some stuff for FABO members if they want to pay for shipping to/from me in 44413 OHIO. It has to be smaller items, really no larger than control arms, etc. I have to carry them into the building in a walmart bag like its my lunch. If anyone needs anything done, send me a pm, and we can work something out. I'm not looking for a ton of money, if you want to throw a couple bucks in thats cool. I just hate being bored. And, I believe in karma lol. If anyone is interested, let me know. Have a good Labor Day!
Dustin

They don't really care if I do my own little parts on the side, as long as I don't spend all day on my own stuff. I go in a little early, clock out and work on my lunch, stuff like that. They know I do it, they just don't want the other employees taking advantage of it. Besides, I'm the only one there that gets everything done when they need it. They cut me some slack lol. If I had an inkling that it would cost me my job I wouldn't do it. I'm not really doing it for extra money, I just like helping some people out. I know how much nicer parts turn out after they are blasted as opposed to just cleaned up and painted, and not everyone has access to equipment like this. Just trying to help some good people on here out, seems like everyone else on here likes to do the same.

Where I work, I sit at a big glass bead blasting cabinet all day blasting locomotive parts. We use a really fine, and expensive, glass media that does a great job on parts. It isn't magic, but it is gentle enough to remove everything but keep stamped numbers, etc in place. I use it alot for my own stuff, even though I'm really not supposed to. Train parts get boring. I was thinking, that I'm willing to do some stuff for FABO members if they want to pay for shipping to/from me in 44413 OHIO. It has to be smaller items, really no larger than control arms, etc. I have to carry them into the building in a walmart bag like its my lunch. If anyone needs anything done, send me a pm, and we can work something out. I'm not looking for a ton of money, if you want to throw a couple bucks in thats cool. I just hate being bored. And, I believe in karma lol. If anyone is interested, let me know. Have a good Labor Day!
Dustin

as much as i would love to get somethings done and i would sooner pay someone from here i wouldn't want to be the cause of someone getting fired jobs are to hard to find but i do thank you for the offer

Well, as long as your boss knows what's going on and your job isn't at stake, i think it's a good gesture on your part to do this.
Just make sure everyone knows about it so if someone squeals on you to the boss, you won't get in trouble or lose your job.
Personally, i wouldn't do it.
Just my 2 cents.
Tom.

-
Back