anyone out there using a Demon Street Carb

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
Is anyone out there using a Demon Street Carb? I have my eye on the Demon Carburetion 1904BK 750 CFM for my modified 340 to replace a Edelbrock 750 CFM 1411.

Is anyone out there using a Demon Street Carb? I have my eye on the Demon Carburetion 1904BK 750 CFM for my modified 340 to replace a Edelbrock 750 CFM 1411.

Never used one nor would I and have built several DP`s for people all over w/great results...............

I believe there have been a few to use them with good results. It's based off of the Thermoquad, which is a good street carb.

I am not sure you will see a huge difference from what you already have. Is there something wrong with the Edelbrock, or are you simply wanting to try something else?

switched from a thermoquad to a 675 street avenger, but wasn't happy with a holley. Bought the 750 street demon and i'm quite impressed....excellent street carb, choke works excellent, and I love the characteristics of a spreadbore...and I noticed a performance increase over the street avenger

I have a friend that has a 1901 Street Demon Carb 625 CFM on a 340 motor. I have a dynode 340 motor making 375 horsepower with a 1805 Edelbrock Thunder Series 650CFM. He built his 340 motor with the same parts I used except he used a 1901 Street Demon 625 CFM carb, and when he had his motor dynode at the same place as I did, his motor made an extra 15 horsepower and more torque.

I have traced a running issue to my 10 year old carb. I did buy an Edelbrock rebuild kit, but if a GOOD cleaning and rebuild does not help, then I may be in the market for new carb. I have never been a Holly fan. Will the Street Demon fit on my Edelbrock Air Gap?

I have traced a running issue to my 10 year old carb. I did buy an Edelbrock rebuild kit, but if a GOOD cleaning and rebuild does not help, then I may be in the market for new carb. I have never been a Holly fan. Will the Street Demon fit on my Edelbrock Air Gap?

Yup. It's a bolt on swap. Would you please elaborate on your running problem? Some other members might have similar issues. If you get it fixed, others might benefit.

Its not even a spread bore anymore. more like a Holley 3 bbl. The manual shows a square bore. So it will fit and air gap, just make sure the secondaries don't hit the divider
(it looks like its made to clear)

Just put the 1904 on my 416 , very impressive carb ,excellent throttle response and needed very minor adjustment to idle air. recommend it to anyone.

-
Back