Anyone planning on going to the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

-
I just booked a camping spot at a campground and ordered my tickets today!!! First time to Carlisle. EXCITED to ay the least!!!

Planning to go, website suggests it is still on, and there are a couple of June events there before Chryslers. If those go as scheduled, then good bet Chryslers is safe! Reconfirmed hotel reservation yesterday, and the one I stay at is still sold out.

Will be bringing the GTS - this will be year #4 for me, agree, it is a great show and yes, The Nats has been going downhill for years. But, will still go, since it is only 150 miles for me to Columbus - too close to miss.

View attachment 1715539706

Got my Carlisle ticket/pass in today's mail!

Any one need a spot I have one for $50 wont be going this year. Think it is N 183
PM me

Last edited:
Any one need a spot I have one for $50 wont be going this year. Think it is N 178
PM me
call Carlisle and tell them to change your spot to next year. Thats what I did. They told me I had to the end of June to do it.

We are planning on being there Friday to Sunday.....They are still going to be selling tickets at the door right? I didn't buy my tickets for entry in advance.

We are planning on being there Friday to Sunday.....They are still going to be selling tickets at the door right? I didn't buy my tickets for entry in advance.
Yes they will be selling tickets.

Just to get in should never be a problem. I think all cars need to be preregistered

spots k176-178 stop by say hello

20200629_095050.jpg

20200629_095110.jpg

20200626_223106.jpg

I've been going since they started a Chrysler show, and I have an Uncle (corvette guy) moved there when he retired. We always visited him on the way. He passed away this February and with the present up-tick of the virus, my wife, who has gone with me the last several times dosnt want to go. Now with most of my outings, flying solo is 'fine by me, but she is a parts hound! She knows my car so well that she is allways ahead of me, scouting parts and flagging me, and while I look the part over, haggle and b.s. she is off to the next vendor. Doing it this way has enabled me to arrive at the gate when they open on Friday, walk the entire vendor area and car corral, have a burger out side the gate in the neighborhood and take in the A-Body show feild then be heading back to MD by 5 pm.
I don't know if I got it in me to do all that by myself. I'm on the fence.

I've been going since they started a Chrysler show, and I have an Uncle (corvette guy) moved there when he retired. We always visited him on the way. He passed away this February and with the present up-tick of the virus, my wife, who has gone with me the last several times dosnt want to go. Now with most of my outings, flying solo is 'fine by me, but she is a parts hound! She knows my car so well that she is allways ahead of me, scouting parts and flagging me, and while I look the part over, haggle and b.s. she is off to the next vendor. Doing it this way has enabled me to arrive at the gate when they open on Friday, walk the entire vendor area and car corral, have a burger out side the gate in the neighborhood and take in the A-Body show feild then be heading back to MD by 5 pm.

I’d show my Wife a few pictures of parts and she’d say that’s the piece you wanted isn’t it. Walked our legs off. Met vendors that sold some things for me. Love Carlisle

I think all cars need to be preregistered

Not necessarily. I know some of the classes get full, like late model Challengers. You can always call or stop by the office outside gate 3 and ask.

I am here at Chrysler's @ Carlisle... Vendors were rolling in all day and night yesterday... Filling in nicely... Couple more rolled in this morning....
If you want to register a car NOW, I guarantee that they will take you !!!!
There is no way they will top 2800+ cars for the 4th straight year, because of the pandemic situation with people bowing out this year...
As Bob Barker's sidekick used to say....
"Come on down....."

Carlisle Update:
We DODGED the big one yesterday... Tropical storm Faye ("Only" 50 - 60 Miles per hour winds -- not classified hurricane) had an extremely wide swarth of Heavy duty rain --- from the Atlantic Seacoast to Harrisburg -- 15 miles from here --- we were lucky in that we got NOT a drop !!!!!
We all seem to agree that 75 %'of the vendors are here --- pretty good under the circumstances --- and yesterday was 50 - 60 % of the usual foot traffic...
If you are on the fence about coming today, wake up, get your butt in gear, and get down here.....

I decided to go Friday, packed my truck Thursday, battery dead 4 am Friday morning. Swapped out to car everything else was a breeze after that.
The main reason I go is the swap meet. As others said a few vendors were missing, Dante, & Vans to name a few but there are still plenty there. I got a used 2 speed wiper motor in great shape for $20. Scored a gas tank float assy. with 3/8 fuel line new for $60. Stephens Performance was selling AMD bumpers 67-69 cuda for $229.
There's some good deals on cars for sale too and with attendance down somewhat I'm sure they are negotiating.
Be aware, if you are concerned about the virus, they ask if you have a mask when you enter but do not enforce wearing it. There were very few that did and social distancing is every man/woman for themselves. They have hand washing stations and hand sanitizing.
Lots of food vendors, but the best deal is outside gate 7 the neighborhood cookout sells hot dog, hamburger off the grille with chips and soda along with lawn chairs and shade trees to sit and rest. Enjoy!

As stated above...but do not feel bad if you didn't go. Fri. Was not crowded and very few cars for sale. Not to many vendors and very slim pickings for A body stuff. Better than sitting home for sure. Id compare the show to 2 years ago where I thought the show was in trouble. Last year was incredible. I'd love to hear Saturday's review.

I had bubble gut all day but was fortunate to make it to the facilities and salvaged my britches!

-
Back