Anyone polish an LA timing chain cover before?

-
I dare say that the "Mirror finish polishing" was surface chromed (there is some orange peel in the low spots) and polished as I can't see how they got some of those places compounded. But hey, they are the pros.....I believe the fence post analogy was fair if you dont cut the original surface oxidation as polishing the OEM surface with mothers does not yield much, other than a smooth fence post.

I did an alum intake over the winter after porting on it for weeks, it turned out pretty good. I sanded it fairly smooth (can still see a few sanding marks), and used mothers alum. polish on it. Didn`t take too long after the sanding process , only about 4 rub outs to shine.

Only 4 rub outs to shine?????? Seems pretty quick to me.

I'd spend my money on the powdercoating that looks almost like polished aluminum. Leanna calls it "Super Chrome". She does super work. http://www.phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/index.html

Thank you for the plug! Pish got it figured out ~ looks good! ~ but I wanted to update your info.

I have been using a single-stage chrome powder for awhile now (no dulling clear coat!!!) that's held up to UV exposure and actually looks like chrome. It's called Mirror Silver. Check out the BMW parts before and after ...

FB_IMG_1522203937737.jpg
FB_IMG_1522203953160.jpg

Thank you for the plug! Pish got it figured out ~ looks good! ~ but I wanted to update your info.

I have been using a single-stage chrome powder for awhile now (no dulling clear coat!!!) that's held up to UV exposure and actually looks like chrome. It's called Mirror Silver. Check out the BMW parts before and after ...

View attachment 1715158260 View attachment 1715158262
NICE! The color looks like my intake that I polished, hard to tell in the pics.

-
Back