Anyone recognize this type of jack?

-

Abodywantedinmi

"All I ever need...
Reaction score
992829_10201698900258392_1787594504_n.jpg

Hopefully the pic shows up since I'm having trouble loading pics recently. Anyway, picked this up at an auction and have no clue what its from. I know it is not Mopar related, but figured someone might recognize it. It is hydraulic. If the pic doesn't show up, please let me know...

My grandfather carried one similar to that in his Model A Ford truck. I don't know if it came with the truck, but its design made it handy to jack tall vehicles. I saw it in use on some farm equipment, but never had to try it myself.

Thanks Gary. It was at an auction this weekend, three generations of farmers and there was a lot of old Ford/John Deere parts there. I picked it up, with a bunch of axes and an antique machete for $5!

Nope, don't recognize it.

I guess you could say, I don't know jack....

I've seen similar. Looks dangerous. Someone has been trying to sell this jack on CL for about the last 5 years. I can always "find" it LOL, because he insists on keyword spamming "Mopar."

http://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/3935168920.html

Vintage Dodge Chrysler Mopar Muscle Car Drednaut Tri Pod Bumper Jack - $20

Vintage Dodge Chrysler Mopar Muscle Car Drednaut Tri Pod Bumper Jack. Works much better than the standard notch style bumper jacks. This was used on a 1970 Chrysler New Yorker, but will fit Several Old School Mopar Muscle Cars with the Chrome Bumpers. Should also work on Chevrolets, Fords, or any other Classic Fifties, Sixties, or Seventies Cars.

Works Great and Folds up to store in the Trunk. Really Neat old Jack! Use it in the Shop or Display it in Car Shows!

Only $20 !

Attachments

• jack.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 264
I remember the tripod jack! Should we start a picture thread for different vehicle lifting devices? I'll add a fork lift and mechanical end lift picture. Bob

That is the Old School version of a "high lift jack" like they have for 4x4 offroaders nowadays.
We used to use an air powered version of that in the shop.

Attachments

• hilift1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 235
-
Back