anyone recomend descent leakdown tester?

-
update: I pulled the intake manifold off because there defanatly was a vaccum leak, I bought a new fel-pro intake manifold gasket, i cleaned the heads real good, snaded off all the dirt and old gasket material, i also sanded all the dirt and gasket material off of my intake and i bought a little bottle of edelbrock gasgacinch. I applied the gasgacinch to the cylinder heads and to both sides of the new intake manifold gasket and to the intake its self and instead of using the cork pieces for the ends i bought some ultra black permatex rtv and used that on the ends with an extra dab in the corners and i dropped the intake on and used all new bolts and washers to put it on.
I dropped the intake on and tightend the bolts about half way, then i let it sit for 16 hours hoping that would be long enough for the rtv to set up, after 16 hours i finished tighting the intake bolts and i fired it up and let it idle untill tempature got to normal and then i grabbed my vaccum gauge and checked the vaccum at idle and now it idles at about 16 to 16.5 and the needle was rock solid steady no more wondering needle on my vaccum gauge. I let it idle for about 30 to 45 minutes while i tuned my idle air mixture screws to the highest vaccum reading, then i set my initial timing to 15 degrees wich makes my total timing land at 33 degrees and then i adjusted my vaccum advance to add another 10 degrees of timing at idle on manifold vaccum. Then i shut it off and the next night started it up and drove it around, no oil or vaccum leaks. I think letting the rtv sit for 16 hours then running the engine for 45 minutes at an idle then shutting it off and letting it sit for another 15 hours or so gave it plenty time of time to set up properly.

Another thing i forgot to add, about my pcv system, I have the pcv valve on the passenger rear valve cover and then a breather on the front of the passenger side valve cover then on the drivers side rear cover i have that hole completly plugged off because my brake booster is huge and there isnt enough room to put a breather there, but i found an oil cap/breather that i put on the drivers side front part of the valve cover, it works as the oil cap but it also has a breather built into it.
So now i have breathers on the front of each valve cover then the pcv valve on the passenger rear side of the passenger valve cover then on the drivers side rear of the vlave cover i have it plugged off because of the huge brake booster.
My question is now that i have two breathers incorporated into the crankcase ventalation system am i ok to run it this way? because i nwas told i had to have a breather on the opposite side of the pcv, well i have two breathers now and a pcv valve so i'm hoping thats enough, and also hoping that takes care of my smoking upon de-acceleration problem as well, altho that vaccum leak very well coul of been causing that as well correct?

i still need to determine if its still smoking upon deacceleration, vaccum leak is fixed and i have a breather on the front of both valve covers. so hopefully it's ok to run 2 breathers on both sides and a pcv on the back side of the passenger valve cover.

-
Back