Anyone run an Edelbrock Performer 750 carb?

-

71blueduster

Reaction score
If so are they easy to tune and get to run good? Are they better than an original Carter AVS from off a 440? Which do you think would work better?

Thanks for the help. I'm set to get the Performer but my dad says the AVS will work better.

strange my edelbock 600 worked realy good on my 318 and when i built my 340 i tried holley and holley is the worst piece of junk i have ever been dealing with.... gave up the holley after a summer full of trouble and put on my old fuelleaking greasy carter AFB and it fired right up with realy nice idle and the trotlererespons is awsome! now i have an 800cfm edelbrock Thunderseries avs that is working perfekt to!!!
but it could be my car that has an alergy for holleys...

duster340 said:
strange my edelbock 600 worked realy good on my 318 and when i built my 340 i tried holley and holley is the worst piece of junk i have ever been dealing with.... gave up the holley after a summer full of trouble and put on my old fuelleaking greasy carter AFB and it fired right up with realy nice idle and the trotlererespons is awsome! now i have an 800cfm edelbrock Thunderseries avs that is working perfekt to!!!
but it could be my car that has an alergy for holleys...

Yea I had a 600 edelbrock also and it was a 100 times better than the 750 I had.

I ran a Edelbrock 750 before, and sometimes i really wish I still had it on my car. Its pretty easy to tune, not like the Holley i have now. As for an AVS, i dont know anything about those so ill leave it at that.

A few years ago, Mopar Muscle Magazine did an article with a 392 HP build on an otherwise stock 340. It was with a Comp Cams XE 268, headers, Edelbrock Air Gap manifold and an Edelbrock 800 CFM carb. I built the same motor, except I used the 750 Edelbrock carb. It runs great. I followed the instructions (and a little common sense) and tuned it pretty well. It'll roast the tires. I'll keep my 750.
Mike

harrisonm said:
A few years ago, Mopar Muscle Magazine did an article with a 392 HP build on an otherwise stock 340. It was with a Comp Cams XE 268, headers, Edelbrock Air Gap manifold and an Edelbrock 800 CFM carb. I built the same motor, except I used the 750 Edelbrock carb. It runs great. I followed the instructions (and a little common sense) and tuned it pretty well. It'll roast the tires. I'll keep my 750.
Mike

for reference here it is!

http://www.compcams.com/information/Articles/Type/Chrysler/CC_MM0201-001.asp

Thats the build I used when deciding what to do to my 340. Except I used a Torker 340 intake instead of the Air Gap since it was basically given to me. I really wanted a speed Demon carb but its out of my budget since I'm trying to finish the car. I did buy an Edelbrock carb cheap off ebay last week though.

I have a 750 eddy on my 340 and i love it. Only thing i had to do tuning wise is fatten up the metering rods a little to get rid of a low throttle stumble around 1800 rpm. I even got 14.5 mpg running 80-100 mph all day on the power tour. I would recomend them.

The methods of tuning are different for Holleys and Edelbrocks, but the amount required will be the same. Nothing will be "right" out of the box, unless you're either lucky, or dont realize you're giving some power/economy up.

i run a 600 on the 318 and a 750 is going on the new 340 with a mp 292 cam. 10.5:1 comp, 4500 stall, and 4.56 gear. It should keep up nicely.

I had a 600 edelbrock and i hated it. I also have two friends that have 750 they dont like them either.

i also have a friend using a 750 edelbrock on his 455 olds and it works realy well to, another friend uses a 600 edelbrock in his chebby 350 also works god, maybe my 650helly dubel pumper is one of those that just didnt come out right but i hate holley after one summer with a carb that just refused to get anything even remotly refered to as relaiability and good power....

-
Back