Anyone run the comp 507/510 lift hyd. Cam?

-
How does it compare to the 508 purple shaft? Bout the same? Better?

I ran the 507/510 comp in 2 different engines with great results, 1 was a .060" 360, the other was a 451, It is much easier to tune then the MP PS.

I ran one in a 383. made good power, but it was extremely noisy. Sounded like a solid lifter cam, the lifters would bleed down, and I could not keep the valves adjusted. I called Comp several times, they told me I needed adjustables on it. I bought their roller rockers. It still made noise. Replaced lifters, re-adjusted etc... several times, still clattered. Comp then tells me after about 5 or 6 calls and hundreds of extra dollars spent, that those cams make noise and it was normal. After that, I will not buy another Comp cam or lifter again.

Well it's going in my 30 over 360, speed pro flat tops with the 4 valve reliefs. They are 20 in the hole, heads are the 1.88 j heads, been milled a little, dual plane intake, 727 with 3800 conv, 430 gear, 275 drag radials. The 508 sounded good but mopar is using a different manufacture for their cams, so I just chose that cam from comp. sounded perfect by what they recommended.

-
Back