anyone running 16X8 all the way around?

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
I have a opportunity on some 16X8 rims with a 41/4 back space. The price is good but just curious on what you can run on these for stock application Dart 1967.........Thanks in advance. Pics would be greatly appreciated.

Ideal backspace on a-bodies are 4.75 in the back, 5.25 in the front. I'm sure you can work the math; they make wheel adapters you can get on amazon for a song. Bout to take the plunge myself, I have 17x8's.

Have fun!

Really depends on the tire you'll have to check the section width I bought one 16 X 8 with 4 1/2 BS for the rear of my 69 Valiant figuring using a 235/65/16 and I would have 1/4 sidewall clearance both sides to close for comfort tire rack has tons of info on tires they give section width on X wide wheel then you have to add or subtract .200 per 1/2 difference in wheel width you can use any tire and wheel as a reference point I'm going to use 16 X 7 - 4" BS 235/65/16 on the rear and 16 X 6 - 4" BS 205/60/16 on the front all will be Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred again peck around on tire rack once you have all the info it's pretty easy to figure out I'm going with 16's because of sidewall height IMO 15's have to much and 17's not enough but I'm using steelies all around

Attachments

• DSCF0456.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCF0455.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 235
thanks all... I was woundering on the 8inch width frts....tire size and clearencs. These are practically new American Racing 16 X 8 hopster style rims for $475 cdn for all 4 .

thanks all... I was woundering on the 8inch width frts....tire size and clearencs. These are practically new American Racing 16 X 8 hopster style rims for $475 cdn for all 4 .

with 4 1/4 BS IMO they would stick out way to far and you will need to use a smaller tire to clear after the delivery today I will have 16 x 8 W/ 4 1/2 BS - 16 X 7 and 16 X 6 w/ 4" BS I will put each on the front and post pictures so you can see the difference just the wheel no tires

with 4 1/4 BS IMO they would stick out way to far and you will need to use a smaller tire to clear after the delivery today I will have 16 x 8 W/ 4 1/2 BS - 16 X 7 and 16 X 6 w/ 4" BS I will put each on the front and post pictures so you can see the difference just the wheel no tires

Thats what i was thinking..8inch in the front maybe to wide......i know someone i can get a mock up done....the price was right.

here's the pictures 8 - 7 - 6 I would think that with the 4 1/4 BS on an 8" wheel your chances of fitting front or rear is not good

Attachments

• 8 inch.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 186
  • 7 inch.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 6 inch.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 184
yep, the frts wont work without the tires sticking out, The rears just tuckin on 245 s little to spare but work. Talkin to the guy I got them from tomorrow. I know him and hes a good one to deal with. Will post pics of the rears as soon as I can. Thanks for the help dodge71demon

-
Back