Anyone running column shift with headers?

-

gdonovan

Reaction score
Considering running headers on my small block '74 Duster, the column shifter has to stay though.

Anyone? Doug's Headers would be my first pic, they state in the notes will not work with column shift but that may or may not be the case.

LMK, post pics!

Gary

I can tell you Hedman won't work well...very difficult to install. I haven't bought mine yet, but most folks say TTI has the best ($$$) for A-body installations.

We went with shorty headers on the Cuda and did exhaust fabricating cause we ran into the same issues with poor fit.

Had hedman headers on my 72 swinger with column shift (before I change to console) and power steering. They fit, but very tight fitting and lots of swearing when trying to install.

I have flotechs on My 72 Dart .
Not the best headers but pretty good for the price.The ceramic coating has been holding up nicely.It was stated in the instructions that I would have to flip the linkage over to clear the headers .I experienced no such problems with My column shift linkage.The only clearance issue was the coupling for my steering box .What are you running power or manual ? Seems like not too many headers clear a P/S box .

I'm intersted also, in what headers fit an A-Body with the column shift, and the power steering gearbox.

When I got my dart it had column shift and power steering with hooker comp headers installed. Everything cleared. They are the headers in my avatar.

Power steering and power brakes too.

I'd like to avoid the old school headers that have the drag link run through them, changed enough of those out back in the day.

That leaves TTi or Dougs.

Still running the factory column shifter in my '70 duster with tti's..:cheers:

73 340 with A/C, PS, PB and column shift.

Old Hooker Competition Headers and everything fits. Just have to watch the taller speed bumps.

P2020797.jpg

My hookers work great. They are a bear to get in with the engine in place though. I ended up pulling the engine and sticking them in then dropping the engine back. No need for the 90 degree adapter just the 43 style filter and if you can get a mini starter. Other than that and speed bumps the are o.k.

I'm intersted also, in what headers fit an A-Body with the column shift, and the power steering gearbox.

headman,hooker and tti all fit with power steering and column shift. tti are the only ones i have used that don'ty hang low. i'm told dougs are basically the same as tti only cheaper.

-
Back