anyone running methanol injection?

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
I am thinking of putting Metanol injection on my 340 to control knock. It has 13:1 pistons in it and it does NOT like the fuel I can buy here in Canada. I thought about pulling the engine apart and putting new pistons, but the motor runs very well and is balanced. I REALLY don't want to mess with such a good working motor so I am going to try the injection method. Any thoughts?

Try that plus thicker head gaskets. You can try to retard the cam timing too to reduce the overall compression.

it shoul help. i ran it on my 347 in my mustang with a novi1200, it worked well, pull a couple deg of timing if you can. you dont have to spend the big bucks on boost juice either, its just washer fluid

I was thinking about trying it with my windshield washer bottle and pump!! Run them into a under carb nos plate.

no dont do that. that would suck all the water as it runs. but do put in above the carb. to much water will damage the engine. try to find some methanol. and start out putting in a small amount. if it was mine i would put on switch as a push button on the gear shift leaver. make a nozzle by using a small brass tube. solder one end closed with a small drilled hole. start at .020 then if more is needed go up in steps of .005 or .010. remember changing a .010 hole by .005 is a lot less than a .050 by .005 edit: if methanol is on fire it is hard to see in day light. but water will put it out.

I was talking to a guy this weekend that uses a 50/50 mixture of Methol Hydrate and water and says that it works really well in a methanol injection system.

Not trying to be a smart *** here....but why did you put so much squeeze into it??

It was like that when I bought it. If I was doing it myself I would NEVER put those pistons in!!

-
Back