Anyone running rear swaybar with springs relocated?

-

72BBSwinger

Reaction score
Ive been kicking this around for a while and frankly im gonna make it happen eventually no matter what. But, has anyone already dont this? Right now im thinkin I can get a Hotchkis rear bar and make mounts to mount the dogbones inside the frame rails instead of inline with them like they are. Ive discussed this with Hotchkis themselves and they suggested against it because it lowers the bars effective rate by narrowing its frame attaching points. If anyone could share the width of their rear swaybars,non Hotchkis, at there widest points I would appreciate it. Looking at Firm Feels rear bar its pretty much a no go.

This is something I was wondering about myself! Hope someone has an answer

our rear bar mounts the end links on the inside of the rear subframe. We include a stiffener to reinforce the frame. It won't work if you move the springs inside the rails but should be Ok if you move them under the rails. Moving the springs inboard is the worst thing you can do for roll stiffness as the distance between the springs has more effect on roll stiffness than the spring rate of the springs.

394009697.jpg

375899158.jpg

our rear bar mounts the end links on the inside of the rear subframe. We include a stiffener to reinforce the frame. It won't work if you move the springs inside the rails but should be Ok if you move them under the rails. Moving the springs inboard is the worst thing you can do for roll stiffness as the distance between the springs has more effect on roll stiffness than the spring rate of the springs.

394009697.jpg

375899158.jpg

Thanks a lot Dave can you give me a part#? Yep I do realize the moving stuff in lowers rates, but the lack of grip with the stock configuration is way harder to overcome than a lack of roll stiffness I think.

-
Back