Anyone see the eclipse yesterday?

-

Righty Tighty

Blame it on the dog
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I pulled up to the shop yesterday morning ad saw the neighbor staring at the sky. He had a strip of camera film doubled over, said he was looking at the eclipse. I'd completely forgotten about it, So I grabbed my welding hood and had a look. Pretty neat! The daylight always looks so surreal during an eclipse.

vKqS2rJKTziZjj55Xg4wGQ.jpg

8lLm6GRiSCC5ly%WXmJcYA.jpg

I looked in WA but it was cloudy/hazy, I really couldn't see much.

56BF891A-5339-418D-AB2E-A88BA3730F16.jpeg

From my backyard. Of course I grabbed my welding helmet but the batteries were dead for auto darkening. So all I got was a picture of what looks like the sun.

I pulled up to the shop yesterday morning ad saw the neighbor staring at the sky. He had a strip of camera film doubled over, said he was looking at the eclipse. I'd completely forgotten about it, So I grabbed my welding hood and had a look. Pretty neat! The daylight always looks so surreal during an eclipse.

View attachment 1716153972

View attachment 1716153973
I videotaped an eclipse in the early '90's with a VHS camcorder, welding shield AND sunglasses, tried to do a lunar with My phone in pics...very difficult even with pro settings.

View attachment 1716154047

From my backyard. Of course I grabbed my welding helmet but the batteries were dead for auto darkening. So all I got was a picture of what looks like the sun.
It was worth a shot. I went outside a while after it was done looking for the moon. I felt pretty stupid when I realized why I couldn’t see it.
I videotaped an eclipse in the early '90's with a VHS camcorder, welding shield AND sunglasses, tried to do a lunar with My phone in pics...very difficult even with pro settings.
Now that’s some dedication! I can only imagine what the setup looked like.

Too bad about the weather for lots of you. I can only remember one eclipse here where the clouds were in the way.

I got a glimpse through a hole in the fog :lol: At that moment there was just the right amount of fog to see it without the aid of a filter.

Yep, got a break in the clouds here in Michigan, and I got a pack of eclipse glasses last week. I love that stuff.

There’s a much better full eclipse coming in April 2024, so I’ve heard.

-
Back