Anyone seen one of these 273 intakes....?

-

Two7T3Dart

Reaction score
Anybody seen one of these...#2846346

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMALL-BLOCK-MOPAR-FACTORY-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-OEM-CHRYSLER-2846346-273-318-340-360-/271391455770?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item3f3030fa1a&vxp=mtr#ht_92wt_1136"]Small Block Mopar Factory Intake Manifold Chrysler 2846346 273 318 340 360 | eBay[/ame]

I cant find the casting number in my books....marine, maybe...? Weird, the modern, Holley-style bolt pattern....

$_1.JPG

it is a marine. the larger pattern is for the newer carb. 1967 and newer. it is a good Intake. The ports are 318 but a larger carb.

Possible buyer be aware.... Intakes for marine application were milled on an angle so the carb would sit more level in a boat.
Seller didn't provide a profile view so....

Possible buyer be aware.... Intakes for marine application were milled on an angle so the carb would sit more level in a boat.
Seller didn't provide a profile view so....

X2 I saw a side profile on one and was wondering. Defiantly a slope on carb mount pad. Might work good if you are building a straight front axle, gasser style car!

Moroso sells a carb spacer to correct the angle your referring to on the marine intake

That's good to know, I'm not up to speed on marine engines, although I saw a hemi on an oil rig one time in Texas. Believe it was the 331-392 Hemi type. (1985)

X2 I saw a side profile on one and was wondering. Defiantly a slope on carb mount pad. Might work good if you are building a straight front axle, gasser style car!
Have one of these on a 1967 318 LA . Works just fine, no problems in tuning or running. So what if it has a slight slope on it?? Not sure, on this one anyway, it would make a whole lot of difference. Now, on a more finely tuned, higher compression motor and all it might but as a general intake it is just fine.

-
Back