Anyone thinking about attending Drag Week 2015?

-

Walker434

Reaction score
I think the dates are September 8th - 14th. I know they will be in Bowling Green and Memphis not sure where else. This is close to me so I am thinking about trying it. Just got to get my built 904 swapped in and The Dart would be ready!

I think the dates are September 8th - 14th. I know they will be in Bowling Green and Memphis not sure where else. This is close to me so I am thinking about trying it. Just got to get my built 904 swapped in and The Dart would be ready!

You can attend but probably not run your car. You have to register way ahead of time and i think it normally fills up pretty much as quick as it becomes open. I looked on their site, not 100% sure.

I've been doing my research today and from what I can find they haven't let anyone sign up yet. Everyone is still waiting. Only 350 slots so it will be tough.

Memphis on the 28th, Friends and I are going that Saturday.

Drag Week is a great event do it , I have done it twice and hope to be back someday.

Attachments

• drag-week-2013-action-039.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 317
I would be in what used to be called daily driver. It used to be limited to 10.80s and slower. This year it will be called street eliminator and 10.0 and slower. My junk should be mid 12s when I get the new trans and converter so I'd be one of the slow ones. I just think I'd be awesome to participate and see if the ol girl could do it without breaking.

Cool thing about this class is the fastest 32 in the class enter a bracket race the last day to determine the winner. So you don't have to set the world on fire just have a consistent car, don't break and cut good lights. I'm going to try and enter but if I'm not one of the first 350 I'll still go and watch. Would be good to meet some FABO folks!

I would be in what used to be called daily driver. It used to be limited to 10.80s and slower. This year it will be called street eliminator and 10.0 and slower. My junk should be mid 12s when I get the new trans and converter so I'd be one of the slow ones. I just think I'd be awesome to participate and see if the ol girl could do it without breaking.

Cool thing about this class is the fastest 32 in the class enter a bracket race the last day to determine the winner. So you don't have to set the world on fire just have a consistent car, don't break and cut good lights. I'm going to try and enter but if I'm not one of the first 350 I'll still go and watch. Would be good to meet some FABO folks!

Yes, but I would be willing to bet the cutoff will probably be in the low 11's now that they opened it up to 10.0 and slower.

I've REALLY been wanting to do drag week in the small block NA field, but not this year...most of my vacation time is already spoken for. My neighbor came in second place last year in BB power adder...only problem is he drives a Chevy, lol.

Yeah I doubt I would be in the top 32, would still be fun to go. Last year the slowest in the top 32 averaged a 13.0. Now that they made 10.0 and slower mid 12s probably wouldn't cut it. Maybe I could hit mid 11s on the juice!! Either way I cant quicker than 11.50 because I don't have or want a cage yet.

I waned to go this year and enter the DD class. I have a GVOD and the car will run 11's in ful street trim. It's very reliable.

Where did you confirm the location? I haven't seen that released and I've been checking. I heard the spots will go on sale soon. Last year they sold all 350 spots in 7 minutes. I won't go if it's in Kentucky. Way too far for me.

My buddy was there last year with a 1,242 hp twin turbo LS 95 Camaro last year. Ran an average of 8.86 and ended up second in his class. He's building a twin turbo LS 2010 Hennssey COPO Camaro that should be around 2,400 hp. Should be in the 7's. Yeah, I know it's Chebby stuff, but I also know the guy in the passenger seat is a died in the wool MOPAR fan. He's got a 68 Dart with a 512 in it.

My buddy was there last year with a 1,242 hp twin turbo LS 95 Camaro last year. Ran an average of 8.86 and ended up second in his class. He's building a twin turbo LS 2010 Hennssey COPO Camaro that should be around 2,400 hp. Should be in the 7's. Yeah, I know it's Chebby stuff, but I also know the guy in the passenger seat is a died in the wool MOPAR fan. He's got a 68 Dart with a 512 in it.

Clark?

Just bought this new bullet for my Dart so if I get to do Drag Week again I will be closer to running with the big dogs in the class.

Attachments

• IMG_0556.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 277
We've done Drag Week twice now and it's easily the best time I've had with my car. If you think you can make it, GO. It's loads of fun.

We've done Drag Week twice now and it's easily the best time I've had with my car. If you think you can make it, GO. It's loads of fun.

And somebody should have won their class last year... :violent1:

If you do it this year, get the W. :thumrigh:

Just bought this new bullet for my Dart so if I get to do Drag Week again I will be closer to running with the big dogs in the class.

can't be fast..... it's a small block!:finga:

Now that's stepping up the program! Looks like a great piece Darryl. Bet you're excited to get it running in the Dart.

Now that HRDW has announced the tracks, are you considering going this year? I already have my motel reservations made and vacation scheduled at work.

My engine is back between the frame rails, but I have a lot to do yet. Looking to make some test hits in a couple of weeks and see what breaks next, lol.

I think the dates are September 8th - 14th. I know they will be in Bowling Green and Memphis not sure where else.

Looks like you don't know jack....

September 14 – Gateway Motorsports Park, Madison, Illinois
September 15 – Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis, Clermont, Indiana
September 16 – Great Lakes Dragway, Union Grove, Wisconsin
September 17 – Cordova International Raceway, Cordova, Illinois
September 18 – Gateway Motorsports Park
September 19 – HOT ROD Heads-Up Day, Gateway Motorsports Park

My bad I got that info out of a hot rod magazine article. Turns out it wasn't current I appologize for the confusion. I'm pretty bummed it's not closer to me

That sucks, I'm in Michigan, this year would be the perfect year for me except my bucket isn't even close to done! Put it on the before we have a baby list i guess.

-
Back