Anyone tried Jeep 10 x 1 3/4 drums on 8 3/4 stock length axles?

-

Ol'forest

Reaction score
Anyone tried this or other similar sized brakes? The jeep one seems to have the right depth and offset to fit, and the center register should be the same size as mopar 4 1/2 pattern, plus they come in a finned design. Something to try?

70's matadors, 70's and 80's CJ's, there are unfinned ones on 80-90'sCherokees too, but I thought the finned ones looked good. No way I can try one here in a hurry but maybe someone has.

No, read the first post, you can easily get 4" pattern drums, what I want to find is 4.5" drums the same dimensions so stock length axles and 10 x 1 3/4 brake hardware can be used.

So I take it that you're saying that your stock length 8.75 A-body axles have a non-stock ,4.5" bolt circle, and a non-stock A-body register?
In that case I still can't give you a good answer.
I can tell you that my stock length for A-body, shortened and resplined C-body axles, accepted the 10 x 2" C-body drums with the matching C-body backing plates.

So I take it that you're saying that your stock length 8.75 A-body axles have a non-stock ,4.5" bolt circle, and a non-stock A-body register?
In that case I still can't give you a good answer.
I can tell you that my stock length for A-body, shortened and resplined C-body axles, accepted the 10 x 2" C-body drums with the matching C-body backing plates.

So you found a C body with an 8 3/4,and cut/resplined the axles,then used the c body drums? Good swap.

-
Back