Anyone up to date with the Passon 5 speed?

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I have been thinking about a 5 speed to replace the 833 4 speed in my 69 Barracuda. I see that the one from Passon is over $5,000, but I guess they are on back order. I have been hearing stories for several years that you have to get on a list and that eventually you get one. Does anyone here have one? Do you like it? Did it really install just like the Mopar 833?

There has been a thread running for years on this subject, but it sems to have cooled off.

From what I have read by those that have done the swap, it is indeed a bolt in easy swap.

Yes, it is in fact, a bolt in fit with no modifications. Unless you want to put one into an early A-body. Then there a a couple of modifications. The crossmember needs a slight modification and you need to modify the tunnel a bit to clear the speedometer fitting.(Jamie says there will eventually be a solution provided for this but it is still conceptual)
Actually getting one seems to be the real issue. I have been on the list since June of 2012 and still waiting to hear from Jamie. I keep checking with him and he keeps telling me 6 mos. or so....
I have a couple of friends who got theirs and they work very nicely. There seems to be an alternate source these days too. 5SR by GFI

2 sources supplying the same unavailable trany wont really make it quicker to get.

I was hoping it was another trany being made...

-
Back