Anyone Use Imperial Servies Pushbutton Trans Service?

-

scottylack

Reaction score
anyone out there have Imperial Services rebuild their push button shifter to work with a later 904 or 727? Would love to see how you connected it....any pictures of trans hookup would be awesome. Having problems setting it up around headers and starter

anyone out there have Imperial Services rebuild their push button shifter to work with a later 904 or 727? Would love to see how you connected it....any pictures of trans hookup would be awesome. Having problems setting it up around headers and starter

It's my understanding they are no longer doing retail

I think I saw their cables on A&A Transmissions website. Schumacher may be a dealer as well.

I need the same setup. I checked out the A&A website and they do list a part that seems like the one.

http://www.aandatrans.com/Products/...-Torqueflite-in-a-1964-65-Vehicle__AACCC.aspx

But I noticed that Imperial Services lists different part numbers for A bodies versus B bodies, while A&A only lists one part.

So I called A&A and spoke to Robert he's going to call me back after he talks to Imperial Services.

EDIT: Just noticed you're working on a push button. The above info is for a 65 console shifter.

Here's the link for the Push Button cable:
http://www.aandatrans.com/Products/...-Torqueflite-in-a-1962-65-Vehicle__AACCP.aspx

I think they are selling the mounting bracket separately.

I just got off the phone with Braden at Schumacher. She said they can get anything Imperial Services sells in 4-8 weeks at the same prices listed on the Imperial Services website.

I asked her if 8 weeks was the no-bs worst case and she said yes.

Checked and Imperial is no longer doing retail. You'll have to go through Schumackers or A&A. They could probably have the parts drop shipped to save time.

Last time I talked to Steve at Imperial,I was told that the button mechanism has to be modified and you have to send the assembly to them to have rework done.Turn a round time was 3 to 4 months. Now this was several years ago,,,things may have changed.

I ordered a cable kit from Schumacher for my 65 back in early December for $180. I finally gave up and ordered the last one A&A had in stock for $250. Schumacher was totally up front with me the entire time so I don't fault them. They're no longer accepting orders for items made by Imperial Services so A&A is the only remaining reseller. A&A also complained about Imperial being slow to fill orders. Hopefully somebody else will step up with a solution that is reasonably priced and readily available.

sounds like business opportunity for the person that is mechanically minded / fabricator,, and needs a job/business???????

-
Back