Anyone use Magnaflow mufflers? What do you think?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
If someone maybe could post a sound clip?

I got a free A-body exhaust from the headers back. It is used, but in good shape.
It has Magnaflow mufflers on it. I was wondering if anyone liked these or if they suck? They are 2.5" I checked on Youtube and the clips I heard they sounded pretty quiet. I kind of wanted something louder. The thing is, for free?? I guess I can't say much.
Also for free a friend gave me 3" Super Turbos. I have a feeling though might sound a bit louder??? but I don't know If I can get them on the 2 1/2" system...

What are your thoughts?? Since our cars have no cats, our cars might be louder too. The clips I saw on Youtube seemed like newer cars w/cats.

Thanks!

not a good compairson but i do have them on my intrepid. it is a true dual setup on the 3.2 six. it sounds pretty good to me and i get alot of compliments on it from alot of people. mine are the stainless ones...

I heard the sound they make is gross then the next guy says there awesume:scratch:

Guess its a matter of taste but I have not heard any live examples so its hard to tell by sound bites on the net.

Well, maybe I'll be posting one soon? I'll try those first since those are already welded on the pipe. If they suck I'll see if I can get the Sonic Turbo's to fit.

I have them on my 69 Dart 360 with CPPA headers and 2 1/2 exhaust. I think they are awsome sounding.

I have them on the Barracuda,didnt much care for them with the 340,too quite,but with the 418 its a totally different sound,i like them now.

I have dual Magnaflows behind my 5.0HO on my Lincoln. I know, EVIL 5.0HO!!!!!!!! But man the Magnaflows sound really good at idle and hot upon acceleration. I like the Magnaflows so much I'm going to change from Dynomax Super Turbo's to Magnaflows on my 74 Dart when I get the chance. In my opinion the Super Turbo's are a bit louder, but, that doesn't always mean better.

Went from a set of Spintechs that started rattling inside to magnaflows on my mild 340 Duster.

I have an x pipe as well but they are pretty mellow at an idle but when you step on it they sound mean.

No clips here but I have them on my 340 duster,I like em,true musclecar sound,not to loud not to quiet...my gurlie thinks they too loud,I don't know what she'll think when the 532 lift cam goes in....Hmmmm do I care??

Thats the problem I want it loud! LOL!
I even thought about good ol' glass packs :)

but, this was free...so??

The cam shouldn't effect how loud it is though... Should it?
My lift is 513 or so?? Kind of why I'd like the idle to be heard.

any clips? :)

Do they get a little louder as they get older? Or does the tone change?

I haven't noticed mine getting louder with age. But the coolness of loud mufflers grows old when riding for any length of time. I like the fact that at 60-70 mph, that they ARE NOT LOUD. But as mentioned when you stand on it they sound great.

I had a 4cyl once with loud exhaust. Now THAT was annoying!!

I guess I can see that point though.

Thats the problem I want it loud! LOL!
I even thought about good ol' glass packs :)

but, this was free...so??

The cam shouldn't effect how loud it is though... Should it?
My lift is 513 or so?? Kind of why I'd like the idle to be heard.

Man glass packs are the "old" and annoying loud sound. Magnaflows are smooth and aggressive.

Typically I find them to be expensive, but other than that, what I really like about them is the fact that they aren't obnoxious, and they only get loud when you mash the go pedal

if you want loud,google classic chambered exhaust and listen to the clip of the power stick mufflers.i have their cobra packs on my dart.they sound good,and they are not disgustingly loud like a cherry bomb.

i am also intrested in a new sound,,i currently have flow master 40s on my cuda,,they exit out the side behind the seat,,and are annoying to me now when i drive to a cruise nite on the interstate,,to much droon,,, i am going to exit out the back when i get a chance,,

i have heard that the magna flows are stainless and sound tinny..???

ive heard the mufflers from pypes,,but on a more stock motor and they have a factory 383 road runner type sound,,but nice,,

where they exit makes a ton of difference in the sound,,,

i just want a little piece and queit and not lose performance,,,

ok so im getting old,,lol the old saying,,if its too loud your too old,,,,

i am also intrested in a new sound,,i currently have flow master 40s on my cuda,,they exit out the side behind the seat,,and are annoying to me now when i drive to a cruise nite on the interstate,,to much droon,,, i am going to exit out the back when i get a chance,,

i have heard that the magna flows are stainless and sound tinny..???

ive heard the mufflers from pypes,,but on a more stock motor and they have a factory 383 road runner type sound,,but nice,,

where they exit makes a ton of difference in the sound,,,

i just want a little piece and queit and not lose performance,,,

ok so im getting old,,lol the old saying,,if its too loud your too old,,,,

You're not getting old, you're getting more sophisticated. :) I used to worry about my engine being "loud" when I was a kid since back then it meant so much to me. Now I want it quiet on the inside, but aggressive and mean sounding on the outside.

i don't find them tinny at all. at idle on my 6 it is a deep mellow note. when i step into it the sound roars with a deep sound. it really sounds like the car in the magnaflow commercial. it is hard to describe, but tinny is not it.

I haven't noticed mine getting louder with age. But the coolness of loud mufflers grows old when riding for any length of time. I like the fact that at 60-70 mph, that they ARE NOT LOUD. But as mentioned when you stand on it they sound great.
I was going to say the samething. I don't know anyone that uses Magnaflow's. Most of my friends use either Flowmasters or DynoMax Super Turbo's which I have on my car. I like the sound my car has with these mufflers. I have a X-pipe installed. The car is quiet at idle(but not to much) and wakes up on acceleration. But, I am curious on how the Magnaflow's sound also.

Ok lol,I have to say it "fagnaflows" is the term Ive heard that I think best describes them,it seems they are the "new" flowmaster of the muffler world with everybody and their grandma running them but they dont sound nearly as good.To me they sound like a motor boat in water,kind of a burble at idle with a nasty rapping sound like a weak chevy with glasspacks when accelerated :toothy10:.Ok,I know,a little harsh sounding but its a personal taste,I have heard alot of them though since a good friend owns an exhaust shop and he loves them-has them on his rigs and sells a ton of them so obviously people like them-and for free I problay would get used to them.I personaly love the super turbos myself.

there is alot to how they end up sounding but the few i have heard have sounded nice and deep.

-
Back