-

hotrodhoodlum

X Nostalgia Drag Racer
Reaction score
Mopar Rocker Arm Geometry Correction Kit

Attachments

• $T2eC16Z,!)kE9s4,BEQ8BRPTzmW-Gg~~60_57.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 469
They look cheap, but they aren't. I have one set for the slant head and one for my 383. That guy does good work.

Do they shim the rocker shaft up. Is this for an econo w2 cylinder head?

He can make them for any Mopar head. They shim the rocker shaft up or toward or away from the valves, whichever you need.

Seeing the three marks on the bolt heads tell me that they are Grade 5 bolts. I replaced all my bolts with Grade 8, just for peace of mind. JMO.

I've seen something very similar to these used on heads using longer t/a or W2 length valves with .650"+ valve lift on the intake.

I wouldn't think they'd be necessary for sub .550" of lift

I've seen something very similar to these used on heads using longer t/a or W2 length valves with .650"+ valve lift on the intake.

But for the guys like me who have, say, econo W2 heads, I'm limited to a .550" lift camshaft due to the short valves etc. if these things work, I don't have to replace what I have or do extensive machine work to get rid of the cast in pedestals and just shim up what I need.

I'm going to look into this!

You also order it based on the valve length as well. It's a trig program. He asks for the measurement off a t square from the top of the rocker shaft to the space between the square and the valve tip with the other side of the square parallel to the valve stem. With that measurement, he comes up with the type shim you need. He got my slant head dead nuts on. The rocker is in the perfect place on the valve tip.

For people like me who put longer valves in it works well. The 318 valves I put in the slant head were long enough that they moved far enough away from the rocker shaft, correction was needed to get geometry right again. His shims got it dead right.

For people like me who put longer valves in it works well. The 318 valves I put in the slant head were long enough that they moved far enough away from the rocker shaft, correction was needed to get geometry right again. His shims got it dead right.

That is awesome! I got a question pending for him on EBay. I'm awaiting a reply. Thanks!

But for the guys like me who have, say, econo W2 heads, I'm limited to a .550" lift camshaft due to the short valves etc. if these things work, I don't have to replace what I have or do extensive machine work to get rid of the cast in pedestals and just shim up what I need.

I'm going to look into this!

W2 econo heads are not limited to .550 due to valve length....if you are limited to .550 it would be the spring height or coil bind on the springs...not the valve length

Pretty cool little setup-are they only for use with roller tip rockers, or would they also be compatible with the ductile iron type BB rockers? I've been debating whether to stay with those or drop the coin on a set of rollers when the time comes.

I sent him a message about a correction with Harland sharp rockers. My heads have .100 long ferria generic valves in them, with the hs they run on the outside of the valv. I know these are full race with machined stands. Thinking pushrods length is going to get pretty long.

Pretty cool little setup-are they only for use with roller tip rockers, or would they also be compatible with the ductile iron type BB rockers? I've been debating whether to stay with those or drop the coin on a set of rollers when the time comes.

The ones I saw were using 273 adjustable rockers and a solid cam, if that helps.

W2 econo heads are not limited to .550 due to valve length....if you are limited to .550 it would be the spring height or coil bind on the springs...not the valve length

Was told by my machine shop that if I ran longer valves in those heads, the rockers will not line up with the center of the valve tips. In other words the rockers would ride on one side of the valve tip and not travel correctly on it, causing problems. Longer valve, higher spring height = rockers not riding on the valve tips the way they should. I hope I explained it right.

I think what 70aaruda meant is that you don't shouldn't need to go to W2 valves to get .550 net lift, you should be able to machine the spring pads down to get enough installed height with standard length valves

-
Back