Anyone use this 727 Gasket?

-
You can get them at your local NAPA or favorite parts store for less money. I use them on my cars.

That is the type that i have used. It is alot better than the cork or rubber flat gaskets that I have used as far as getting a good seal and not pushing out. I think I usually get them at the dealer, as I think it the same gasket for a 518 OD trans. If napa has them I am sure they would be cheaper than the dealer.
To answer the question though Yes I have used them and Yes i do really like them.
Matt

That is the type that i have used. It is alot better than the cork or rubber flat gaskets that I have used as far as getting a good seal and not pushing out. I think I usually get them at the dealer, as I think it the same gasket for a 518 OD trans. If napa has them I am sure they would be cheaper than the dealer.
To answer the question though Yes I have used them and Yes i do really like them.
Matt

Thanks Mat, I have a NAPA close by.

I got one from a buddy that had it on a 02 3/4 diesel. He had it laying around so i put it in my 727 and have had it off twice already and still seals excellent.

I got one from a buddy that had it on a 02 3/4 diesel. He had it laying around so i put it in my 727 and have had it off twice already and still seals excellent.

Thanks brother for the info. This will be the gasket I put on my car:thumblef: MMG

I can't tell from the pic but is that the plastic gasket with the silicone seals in it? If so Mopar makes them for both the 727/518/618/46rh/46re/47re/48re and the 904/998/999/42rh/42re variants. Great gasket and you'll probably never need to buy another one.

I can't tell from the pic but is that the plastic gasket with the silicone seals in it? If so Mopar makes them for both the 727/518/618/46rh/46re/47re/48re and the 904/998/999/42rh/42re variants. Great gasket and you'll probably never need to buy another one.
I think this one is all rubber. Everyone seems to love it and it rates really well. Thanks for your input. MMG

I used one like that, it came from Chrysler and was almost like hard plastic. It worked where nothing else would stop a leak. It was also reusable, pricey though IIRC it was just under $20.00. I would recommend it in a case where a regular gasket would not seal.

I used one like that, it came from Chrysler and was almost like hard plastic. It worked where nothing else would stop a leak. It was also reusable, pricey though IIRC it was just under $20.00. I would recommend it in a case where a regular gasket would not seal.
Thanks Longgone for your input.

If it's all rubber, forget it. I've had better luck with the old cork gaskets. But that new plastic one with the molded silicone is the bomb.
Thanks brother.

I bought this gasket at the local Dodge dealer and installed it on my 440. This thing is awesome. Made of hard plastic with silicone beads already installed. Well made and sealed perfectly. MMG

Anyone know the recommended torgue for one of these gaskets? It's going on a 904 if that matters.

I put mine on with 5 ft lbs or (60 inch lbs) with no problems. MMG

Before I changed the gasket I spent some quality time with a hammer flattening out the gasket surface.

Then I torqued it down to 70 in-lbs and it leaked. I read a post on dodgeforum.com that called for 96 in-lbs so I just re-torqued to 100 in-lbs. Will update this weekend.

You might want to check the filler tube O-ring as well as the filler tube itself for a crack. The tube often cracks in the area just beneath the O-ring.

-
Back