Anyone use this Converter?

-
I'd call Hughes and ask how tight it is. If you can afford that, then you can afford most any custom street/race converter. I'd hate to see you get one that might not be a match. Not saying that one isn't, I would just call first.

Replace the ring gear!
Hughes converters have been nothing but
Junk for me.
They have had terrible customer service for me.
They have always found a way to deny warrantee
coverage.
I bought a converter from them and did not install it
for several months as I finished the car. It did not work
period when I started up the car and they charged me
almost as much to fix it as it cost new.
I generally praise most of the business I deal with if treated
fairly = NOT These people!

If you check most custom TQ converters specially made to your cam and engine / drivetrain specs are in that ball park.

Race converters are a whole different ball game.

I've used their 2000 stall and 3000 stall converters.
I've had no issues so far.
The 2000 stall I've used since 2015.
The 3000 stall well, I only used for couple hundred miles, so I have yet to make a good review.
Never dealt with their customer service. So hopefully that 3000 stall doesn't give me issues.

The 10 3/4 production converter such as in the 383
Roadrunner (Plus others) and 340 cars is rated around
2200 to 2300. Probably would be a fair bit higher in your
in you big Inch Big block. They were very durable as produced.
Also the 426 hemi converter were the same size but slightly different
internals and cover.

I'm still saving but really can't afford to spend a lot. Anyone use this and what did you think of it. Still may just replace my broken tooth ring gear on my B&M holeshot converter which believe it or not has served me well.
Hughes Performance 24-35 Hughes Performance Street/Strip 35 Series Torque Converters | Summit Racing

I`ve got one behind my 505'' , 68 fastback , street car mostly , seems a little loose at times , but no gripes.
Old starter hung once upon a time and knocked a tooth off the ring gear , hasnt been a problem, been like that for yrs. now...

Bought mine back when it was $386 or so...
I had a 9.5 street/strip PTC built for a 904 last year. Price to my door was $650. After giving the guy on the phone my info on the car and telling him that it would be mostly street with some strip , he asked what stall I wanted. I said about 3500 . Well, I'll be darned , it flashes to around 3500 in the car. So , I would say, they nailed it.

Well, I should have the car lifted off the Motor, K-frame, and tranny in the next couple of days now. I don't know what type of ring gear is on it until I get it out. At 65 on my back on my own since my son passed, and using a chain fall I'm almost ready. Hopefully a standard easy to match ring gear ,but my luck doesn't run too good. My luck if I changed converter and wasn't happy with it I'd be starting all over again lol

Call Andre at Edge Racing Converters. He built a converter for my Dart 4 years ago, I wasn't quite happy with the stall, he adjusted it for me with no cost but shipping. He is building a lock up for my truck right now, under $600 with a week turn around. Great guy.

Well I got the car outside. Just have to clean up the aftermath and pull the tranny from the block.

225.jpg

226.jpg

228.jpg

229.jpg

230.jpg

Going to cut the ring off and measure. Anyone know who stocks them? Summit says out of stock. Nothing on ebay. 727 Trans.

-
Back