Anyone use this Modified Engine Harness from Classic Industries?

-

MobileCustoms

Reaction score
I am thinking of ordering this harness for my 67 cuda. Looks like a good fit for my needs. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the harnesses quality from Classic before I order it today...?
I have already converted to the newer model alternator and regulator setup.
I also just ordered the Headlight harness upgrade from Crackedback to go along with it.

http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/ma2374.html

Thanks!

-Doug

I'd go with a M&H harness and nothing else. As far as I know (could be wrong) the only ones selling M&H harnesses are year one. Even if the M&H harness is more expensive it's well worth it in the long run. Do your self a favor and do t settle for anything else.

I'm pretty sure if you call they offer the harness set up for a dual fld alt and electronic ign.
https://www.yearone.com/Product/1966-74-a-b-e-body/hu258a

Like Joe said,

M&H also sells a modified harness for Chrysler electronic ignition and updated alt and v-reg. I have used both stock and modified replacement - direct plug and play. It is an engine/lighting harness.
modified harness -
https://www.yearone.com/Product/1966-74-a-b-e-body/hu258am

I would probably wait a week or two if you can. I am sure they will have a xmas discount most likely. I picked mine up on a black friday sale for 144.

just noticed that the harness you listed through classic IS an M&H harness. You can see their tag (good information).
It is a good harness, guess they make for them using different part# - GO-FOR-IT.

Thanks for the input! Right now, with Year One's 10% discount and cheaper shipping rates, their M & H modified harness is the better deal at $172.79, shipped.

Now i just need to figure out which headlights I want to run with that and the upgraded headlight harness from Crackedback.

The one (if it's indeed the same) from Classic comes to $189.99 with shipping.

Here is a snap shot from CI's web page. I didn't realize they also sold M&H under a different part number. Options are a good thing!

Attachments

• harness (1280x768).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 282
Thanks for the input! Right now, with Year One's 10% discount and cheaper shipping rates, their M & H modified harness is the better deal at $172.79, shipped.

Now i just need to figure out which headlights I want to run with that and the upgraded headlight harness from Crackedback.

I just did a quick Google search and found a discount code that may save you a few more bucks. Try moparts15.

I bought one for a 73 Duster via Yearone made by M&H. They used a factory fuse panel which was not new, but clearly used. It would be nice if they at least upgraded this panel.

just noticed that the harness you listed through classic IS an M&H harness. You can see their tag (good information).
It is a good harness, guess they make for them using different part# - GO-FOR-IT.

Surprising info! M&H still lists all their Mopar harnesses are only available through Year One. Wonder if it is M&H or they just used their picture.

They have the best pieces and will make any harness not availabe through Year One or sell components as well. I am about 30 minutes from Year One so the shipping costs were never an issue for me.

A decent headlight that doesn't cost a lot is the GE Nighthawk 6024nh

Surprising info! M&H still lists all their Mopar harnesses are only available through Year One. Wonder if it is M&H or they just used their picture.

They have the best pieces and will make any harness not availabe through Year One or sell components as well. I am about 30 minutes from Year One so the shipping costs were never an issue for me.

I noticed the same reference when I was on the M & H site. Made me wonder too.

I am sure a big corp like CI wouldn't plagiarizer a likely copyrighted picture. I looked at a couple others they have listed like the 67 dash harness and it is clearly marked M&H. M&H probably has an advertising deal with YO as their exclusive dealer.

Attachments

• DASHHARNESS (562x698).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 229
When I got the Ron Francis wiring system in 1990, they asked many questions in regards to what my Signet had as far as Alt, lighting and a bunch of things, so they could it put together without me having problems. Even today, it's still problem free...

Try this, I dropped the NH and it came right up.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/GE-H6024NH-Nighthawk-Automotive-Headlight/dp/B000H29WN2"]GE H6024NH Nighthawk Automotive Headlight Bulb, Pack of 1 : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

I don't think that's the right name or number???

Just got this from year one..
Use 25% Sale Code: BIG13

I am sure a big corp like CI wouldn't plagiarizer a likely copyrighted picture. I looked at a couple others they have listed like the 67 dash harness and it is clearly marked M&H. M&H probably has an advertising deal with YO as their exclusive dealer.

I agree.......

Just seems odd. I have talked with M&H in the last 6 months as they did some harnesses for me they did not already produce. Their take at the time was YO does not offer it so we can make it for you directly.

Something must have changed in their contract/agreement.

I noticed they have a link on their website to become and authorized dealer with them.
"Auto Parts Stores, Body Shops and Restoration Shops can buy our products at a discounted price..."

are those night hawks headlights a direct replacement or do you need to upgrade the wiring? thanks bruce

Doubtful wire upgrade is required anymore than the Sylvania Ultra's. To go with an HID though I would use a relayed wire upgrade.

are those night hawks headlights a direct replacement or do you need to upgrade the wiring? thanks bruce

If you want headlights that work as designed, yes, upgrading the headlight wiring is required.

It's not uncommon for these mopars to have as little as ~11-11.5 volts at the headlight plug. Light output degradation from reduced headlight power inputs is not linear. A 10% decrease in voltage input can result in a greater than 10% reduction in output. A good headlight wiring approach can get 13+ volts to the headlights.

-
Back