Anyone used these radiators?

-
well, that kind of is in the same order as the Champions, I'm guessing. I just bought my 3rd Champion. Good for the money, how about that

I haven't seen enough specs for Champion. I want to know sizes of all tubes, cooling fins, etc. I can't find any of that info on Champion.

I have two of the a body 26 inch radiators and haven't installed either one yet. They appear to be ok. The reason I have two is the first one I purchased the side mounts were swapped. I will use that for the running engine stand. Made over seas shipped out of Chicago.

You have two of the one I asked about? If so can you post some pics of it or pm me and I will send you my phone number so you can text me some pics of it?

Just bought a Champion on ebay from super-radiator for my 408. $205.95 to my door. item no. 121367462458. Beautiful workmanship and great price good to 600 hp

I ordered one from them back toward the end of February. They were out of stock. Finally after several phone calls I was told they would be in the first part of April. I called back and they were back in stock so I assumed they would process my order and ship it. After waiting until yesterday for it to show up I called them back and talked to a rep named Frank. He promised to get back with me and he did by sending me an email showing my order completed with UPS tracking info. So far the tracking info isn't showing up on the UPS website. So this tells me it hasn't shipped yet. Keep in mind they have had my money since February. I only hope it is worth the wait.

I'm sure the Champions are fine pieces but the lack of dimensions of tubes and such doesn't impress me

I don't know all of their specs, but I bought a Champion one from ChallengerGary on here a few years ago. It keeps my 440 running at 180 degrees even on the hottest days we get. And I supported a fellow FABO member.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Radiator arrived today, it fits and looks great. With zero mods to radiator support it fits perfect and clears the hood enough for me to get my finger between hood and cap. I'll try to post pics in a bit.

Still trying to decide on an aluminum radiator and saw these guys, anyone use them? 1" tubes sound good to me.

http://www.speedcooling.com/26-Big-Block-Mopar-Radiator.html
I bought the 22 inch for 63-69 radiator. None of the bolt holes lined up. Had to tig weld the brackets to close the slots up. Then the flanges they use for a shroud are so far from the radiator that you can't use.a stock shroud. I could've lived with that, but the car overheated at slow speeds. Had to hand build a shroud. Car cools fine now. Called them up. No help. All I can say is RUN AWAY.

I bought the 22 inch for 63-69 radiator. None of the bolt holes lined up. Had to tig weld the brackets to close the slots up. Then the flanges they use for a shroud are so far from the radiator that you can't use.a stock shroud. I could've lived with that, but the car overheated at slow speeds. Had to hand build a shroud. Car cools fine now. Called them up. No help. All I can say is RUN AWAY.

Hopefully someone that is installing a radiator in a "stock'ish" setting will find this useful. However none of those issues apply to me as I knew I would have to make new mounting points since it is a 26" not a 22" and I am using the contour fans setup.

I was well aware of your use of a 26 inch radiator. You asked if anyone used them. I replied that I did, and the result of that purchase.

-
Back