Anyone using a Wiper Delay Box?

-
wish I could but mine blew off a few weeks ago at the track haha lol

The wiring go's in the low speed signal wiring. When you turn
on the low speed it feeds the delay box to vary the voltage to
the motor. Don't have one on the Duster but had this type of
setup on a Olds Omega back in the early 80s.

There was one on my duster when I got it but the wiring was sooo screwed up by the P.O. I pulled it. not sure that it ever worked right. The wiring seemed pretty straight forward. power, ground, cut the low speed wire and put the box in the middle. Not to mention you have to find a good spot for the ugly box

Rain-x is your friend..

I disconnct the washer pump and use a scotchlock to splice 2 wires together at the bulk head connecter so one push of the wash portion of the wiper switch gets one sweep.
(This is for early model 2 and 3 speed only. If your wiper switch turns to "on" low speed when "wash" is pushed it doesn't work for yours).

On the topic of wipers heres a strange gremlin I'ved lived with.

My 71 Duster with Rallye cluster came to me with no wiper motor. I put in a good 2 speed, reservoir with elec pump etc.

Under the dash when I put in the NOS 2 speed switch -tried 2- There are a few terminals that just have no place to go to. The wipers wont always park you have to jiggle the switch -this is on 2 switches and 3 motors.-

Now the car doesn't look to of had a foot pump and someone told me 2 speed cars all had foot pumps. Is it possoble my car was wired for a 3 speed?

-
Back