Anyone using dual quads 383 ??

-
Dual quads are old technology from a time when there were no carbs large enough to feed real horsepower. That doesn't mean they aren't cool and can't be made to perform, though. I've finally decided that I will sell my factory original 413 dual four intake for the right price. I just don't think I'm ever going to run it.

I have one and plan on setting it up to look like factory. Even if it doesn't work as well as a good single carb, they are so easy to change that I want it for the occasional wow factory. If you spend enough on setting it up it may also work pretty well also. lol. I am putting it on a '64 Dart, aluminum headed 383, 4spd, Dana 60.

Mike

I'm looking for feedback on the 5186 offenhauser intake. THANKS

I have dual 4 weiand with 2 factory 625 carters, looks factory with 6pak style air cleaner. Revs nice its in a '72 dart swinger 383 auto

I tried doing research on the Weiand dual quad intake for a 383 and couldn't find anything listed. Did show that intake for a 440. I would also need a low profile intake for hood clearance and that's why I like the offy. I'm using the RPM performer now and that doesn't allow much room for a decent air filter.

-
Back