Anyone using Hooker 5204 Headers?

-
I had those on my car before I went back to manifolds. Awesome spark plug access.

They fit very well. As long as you "THINK" before driving over things, you shouldn't have any problems.

I had those on my car before I went back to manifolds. Awesome spark plug access.

They fit very well. As long as you "THINK" before driving over things, you shouldn't have any problems.

better spark plug access over the cheapy 1-5/8 stuff will be great ! Number 5 and 7 plugs are always a royal pain in the ***...never mind the header bolts for back there too.

I am generally very careful...but sometimes ya boot down a new road, or ya just don't notice all the bumps in the dark during a night run...I think a picture or two would be better...I also like my front ride height lower than most typical mopar owners, so I might have more of an issue

Tony, wer you able to get any pics?

ok...71 Dart..

Attachments

• IMG_0667.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0668.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0669.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0670.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0671.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0672.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 246
Thanks for the pics Tony! Those headers do look VERY low to the ground, even on the driver side...This definitely just made the decision a whole lot harder lol

I should post a pic of the front of my car to kinda show how close the headers are to the ground in relation to what Tony's car looks like...might give a more accurate idea of how low they really come compared to the cheapy small headers

I will be bringing the Dart to MATS. The new 360 will be in it by then. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Tony, im sorry for all the questions man

With these headers, can the starter (mini starter) be removed with the headers still on the car?

Are those collector flanges clockable, or are they welded on like that? It looks in one picture you have from the front of the passenger side that it is welded that way

Lastly, if you had to guess (or if you didn't mind measuring) how much ground clearance would you say you had from the bottom of the tubes to the ground? I don't know how low the front of the dart is, so it is hard for me to get an idea of the ground clearance you have.

I am just having a hard time accepting that I might have to go with 1-7/8 TTi's...As far as I know you can't remove the oil pan or starter with them on, they eat up some power because of the tight bends, and most of all, they cost quite a bit also! lol

1. at the most the headers might need to be loose up to get mini starter off...dont remember ..but a couple of years now since i put a starter on..

2. collectors are welded..not moveable ..but you cut them off ..and move them...

3.I will measure the ground clearance this afternoon went i go work on other car there.

1. at the most the headers might need to be loose up to get mini starter off...dont remember ..but a couple of years now since i put a starter on..

2. collectors are welded..not moveable ..but you cut them off ..and move them...

3.I will measure the ground clearance this afternoon went i go work on other car there.

Thats pretty stupid that they weld them on..why wouldn't they just have them loose so one can decide where they want them to end up?

And Tony, you are the man! I really really appreciate you measuring for me! Im going to see if I can find a pic of the dart on one of your other posts just to get an idea of how it sits and ground clearance.

Thanks!

the picture I took last night....the car has new smaller front tires on it....got two set of front tires...those were 165/80R x 15....

adjusting roll out for driver...lol

Thanks for measuring for me Tony! Those front tires are very similar in size to what I run on the front of the scamp...I think 4" will be cutting it a little close for the driving I do...Again, I really appreciate the help and you taking the time for me on the pics and measurements!

-
Back