Anyone using Schumacher BB motor mounts in their early A?

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just looking for some feedback as far as fitment . I know about the pinch weld in the trans tunnel. Is there any other areas that need to be modified like the firewall for the valve covers,etc? Thanks

Hi Lee,

I know a Mopar hot rodder just finishing up a early A / HDK / B/RB with Shumacher TRI-Y headers.....almost fell in......just thought I would throw that at ya.

The guy at Schumacher told me to call you Denny. I'm seriously considering putting my BB back in my Valiant wagon. Do you think I'll have the same clearance with the HDK coilover kit I purchased from you or do I need the whole K frame setup?

unfortunatly....no.....IMO, the full conversion is the only way to get max clearance.
In the early A body, the additional room gained by the rack vs steering box / linkage in a B/RB install is big......making the install mega easier.

another big advantage is the rack conversion offers the use of a much longer shock / coil spring....IMO= better ride. Keep in mind also, just change motor mounts to switch back to a small block whenever you want.

-
Back