Anyone using shift-r-gate?

-

mod38-1

Reaction score
Is anyone using the shift-r-gate in their shifter? I was looking at buying the version for the reverse manual valve body. I searched this and found some old topics but nothing recently and it went both ways,some people said it worked good and others said it caused the shifter to hang up. Just looking to see if this is something worth purchasing or not? Thanks

I have one. I used a file to round off the sharp edges and it works well for me. If u get on YouTube and search for shift r gate you can see the vid I did of using mine.

I am using the Duncan "Shift-r-gate" on my duster w 727 with standard pattern. It works great doesn't hang or miss shift. Only thing is you have to hold shifter button down when making a fast 2 to 3 shift or it will skip to N. At start of season of drag racing, I do some dry runs w engine off to get hang of it again.

What you guys are saying is what i found when searching. Some people say with some filing they work great and others say they took it back out. Now i just need to decide if its worth trying and messing with it or not.

I read the reviews too and decided to try my luck. I put one in my Dart last year. I'll be taking it back out this winter. I did the filing tricks before I put it in. It's not that bad, it's just not consistently smooth operating.

-
Back