Anyone with a plastic -car- intake and a cable throttle body?

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
I am looking for input on those that have a car plastic intake and a cable driven throttle body, how did you route your throttle cable? Packaging seems far from ideal, I'll have to get creative from what it looks like.

73a773155cbcc2bacd5dd606b13df17f.jpg

We route ours under the intake with the same tb. You can mount a cable bracket to that heater hose bolt and pull the throttle lever downward from there. There's enough pull to get wot.

We route ours under the intake with the same tb. You can mount a cable bracket to that heater hose bolt and pull the throttle lever downward from there. There's enough pull to get wot.

Any pictures?

Am I reading right that you fix the intake-end of the throttle cable at the back of the engine and route the cable itself under, to the TB? I haven't considered placing the bracket that far back, i'll have to see how it would work out.

Any pictures?

Am I reading right that you fix the intake-end of the throttle cable at the back of the engine and route the cable itself under, to the TB? I haven't considered placing the bracket that far back, i'll have to see how it would work out.
No no.... I will try to better illustrate monday from the office, but...you take (or make) a little 90 degree bracket, and install it with the same bolt that front heater hose is using. You then can mount the throttle cable to that bracket. The way that bbk tb wraps kind of down AND back...you have no problems getting WOT. Idk how great the dyno pic will blow up...but we r using it there.
hemi2.jpg
Screenshot_2017-06-03-19-18-06.png

This is the best image i have. This is literally one of the zinc brackets above with some mild filing, mounted to that heater hose hole. (facing backwards) the way the Tb sits, and the fact it wraps downward, and back" we get perfect WOT with this.
upload_2017-6-5_10-41-57.png

That super simple, and under the intake is a bonus! Thanks for sharing

-
Back