Anyone's wife the same as mine?????

-
My wife want to drive my car when it's done, she drove my 04 ram quad cab everyday for a long time. It would cut a 1.65 60ft and ran a 12.7 at the track. When on the bottle it would push over 500 to the wheels. She loved to open the cutouts and make the Hemi sing. She used to brag about how many car alarms she could set off with it in her parking gerage at work. When it was rear ended and totaled she was almost in tears. We still miss that truck but it will live on oneday. The motor currently resides in my duster from mock up. We are building a twin turbo set up for it and will build a stroker motor as well. I'm just worried she won't want to drive it when done. It should have close to 1400hp and should easily pull the front tires. I think on ride in it and she will be scared to death. And want nothing to do with it. But I hope not. It will be all go and no show, so a dent or scratch are not much of a concern.

Thanks Guy's keep them coming--HAY I'm not alone in this one YIPPIE this is a nice clean fun thread lets keep going with the stories--Hey what about the first time you took your wife out and lit them up----My wife had a grin from ear to ear and said do it again,do it again!!!! well 1 summer and three sets of tires later,You guy's should see our drive way HE HE HE she only bitches when the wind is blowing from the north and the house gets filled with smoke.Man that smell stays in the garage for a couple day's--Steve

I hear ya. Had the Challenger running in front of the house. Was asked what you up to. Said just warming up the car. Hit the gas dumped the clutch and lite both tires up. Then back in the garage. She said cool just be careful.
Lucky we have a bunch of car enthusiast's in the neighborhood.

Those girls who want nothing to do with your cars are missing out on so much!

I bought it ... I built it ... and I'm gonna damn well drive it, 400+ hp, reverse manual and all. :-D

And I'm sitting here knowing in my heart that C and DusterGal are thinking the exact same thing. High five ladies!!!

SO--5 years ago I embarked on restoring my first car--70 Duster-- I struggled through it,with all the ups,downs,Wrong parts sent and returned,trials and errors(mostly mine) all the time my wife was with me and excited about the fun we would have in the car,This was our first full summer of "enjoying" the car and it was great,BUT the one thing that kept me going was the fact that someday I'd see my wife taking the car out and driving it with my daughter or friends.WELL she tells me that after witnessing all the work and hours that went into the car she will never get behind the wheel!!!!! and drive it--to me that sucks and I know to some of you that would be a blessing!!!! What about your wife's?????? Same story--Just want to know that I'm not alone---Steve

My soon to be ex is like that...:thefinge:
I take her for rides once in a blue moon, but she whines if I shift over 3500rpm..... hell, she cried the last time i snatched 2nd @7 grand. lol

I feel your pain, but at a certain point you realize life's too short to be wasting time

My wife hate's my Dart, It was her daily driver when we were first dating. My commute was longer so she drove the Dart to school and I drove a POS 89 Hyundi excell 5 speed. The Dert used to stall on cold mornings if you stepped on it, sucks when your trying to get out into traffic. Also the vaccume systenm for the heat and defrost was screwed up so you had to reach your right hand under the glove box and pull the acctuater to get defrost. Hope she gets behind the wheel again when the restoration is finnished.

-
Back