Anything happening in Tulsa?

-

'Bout Time!!

Reaction score
So I just relocated to the Tulsa area. Is there anything going on around here this summer? Mopar car shows, swap meets, drag races? Or even just a car show I could take my unfinished Duster to?

So I just relocated to the Tulsa area. Is there anything going on around here this summer? Mopar car shows, swap meets, drag races? Or even just a car show I could take my unfinished Duster to?

welcome, think you`ll like it here. not much going on except cruise nights at local drive ins, dragracing and test n tune about every week-end, altho they have pretty much gone to 1/8 mile b.s., mopar meet in early November. not real big, but usually pretty interesting. hope to at least drive my fish out there this yr., would really like to run it -but don`t know if it will be ready for that. tell us about your duster.-----bob

welcome.... I live over in s w Mo. the route 66 mopar club has a show at Branson in the spring. I did meet several new members that were from n e Ok areas.
yep, the cruise d eal is big. springfield, mo. and surrounding small towns, probably couple every week. springfield, mo. has been advertising and blowing about a rt 66 festival in aug. what it will be don't know!?????

Welcome to Tulsa.
I live in Sapulpa.

There is still 1/4 mile racing at the track in the sportsman class or at test-n-tune on Friday evenings.

There are local car club events, car shows & swap meets.

We race the Bracket program at Tulsa, look us up when you come out.

No. There is nothing happening in Tulsa.

Wow, thanks guys! Bob, can you tell me the cruise in locations and dates. I have a 74 Duster with a 360. I've had it a little over four years and I should have it driving by the end of the month. Still need body and paint but I'm so close I can taste it.
Barbee, I just moved from Ozark. I've been to the Mopars in Branson a couple times, not with my car. I didn't make it this year cause I closed on my house the day before and couldn't make it.
Mike, where is the track at? I'm not ready to run either of my cars but I'd like to check it out. Thanks again!

in the late 60s i went there from 1965 to 1968. to see the NHRA worls points finals. got some pics. got to talk to ronnie sox standing beside the then new HEMI CUDA. 1968. did 10.80s off the trailer. the fastest production car to that point. no it wasnt street legal but it was legal STOCK per NHRA. the ford and chevy guys whined and cried so bad NHRA made a spical class just for that car. has that been done for ANY other car? those cars had a Hawaiian title so it didnt have to have a heater. no roll up side windows, just a strap.

The Tulsa track is located on Garnett & 36th st north.
They have a website.

The track has been opened for 50 years, & NHRA is having a race there for the anniversary.

There is also tracks in Nobel, OK. (Thunder Valley) & Ardmore, OK.

Sunday cruise nights at the Jenks Aquarium 6:00 P.M. Till when ever drive in and leave whenever you want. Tuesday nights at Fudruckers I think or they might have moved it. Usually 400 plus cars at that one. Also other car shows at towns close to Tulsa like the Route 66 car show in Sapulpa.

-
Back