Appologies

-
I hope that the surgery fixes the problem.I understand back pain, in '85 I fell and dislocated and broke L5. I put off having something done about it till '07. The surgeon fused L5-S1 and removed the lamina on L5. Pain dropped 50%, still have to be careful but I can function now. If I had done it sooner I'd have less pain from nerve damage but it was worth it anyway.

Do those sleep number beds really help with back pain?

Some people yes, some people not so much. My wife has some low back pain too cause her job requires sitting several hrs. a day. She loves the sleep # bed. I only saw a little improvement but that may be because my back was in pretty bad shape when we got it. They claim that once you find your sleep # you don't have to adjust it again. Baloney! It seems I'm constantly varying it to get the right feel for that night. Plus I noticed temp. changes affect it just like how car tires vary in pressure cold vs. hot so you have to adjust it for that. I think the best part about it is the adjustability part and how it's divided in half so I can adjust my side without affecting my wife. Even though I can't say it's helped me a bunch it is still the best bed I've had.

Having back problems is like having a toothache that never goes away.Some days it's tolerable while most days the pain is very intense.Forget what it's like not to be in a lot of pain.Been 39 years since I was crushed by a big trk.GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY!!!!!! Hope everything works out well.

Yep your right, and WOW, crushed by a truck doesn't sound fun. Thanks

.............Hey Tracy..........dont worry too much, most ppl understand.....ur 1 of the very best members on this site, although i've never met u in person,i consider u a true friend..... i've dealt with u back and forth without an issue...good luck with ur surgury and get well soon....kim........

67cudafb, my surgeon said the same thing. He said I'll have less pain but won't be able to do what I used to do.

Thanks to everyone.

.............Hey Tracy..........dont worry too much, most ppl understand.....ur 1 of the very best members on this site, although i've never met u in person,i consider u a true friend..... i've dealt with u back and forth without an issue...good luck with ur surgury and get well soon....kim........

Thanks Kim. I guess I do worry a lot. Just really hate putting the one guy in a bind. Hopefully he'll find what he needs elsewhere that won't hold him up any longer.

Tracy, Things will get better. We are all praying for you.

Don't know ya ,Sir, but I have been through it. Turned downed the knife, was on the garbage for a while, but quit it. My L-5 and thoracic?(neck) discs were ripped up. Couldn't function AT ALL. Not to get out of bed (roll out ,but could not get up off floor,and to cough, worse than being shot) use the bathroom, dress, ect. Got better, but, The ol back keeps going out from time to time, and when it goes, it goes. Stupid !%$#@%^& in a foreign SUV pulled in front of the Ram while we were doing 55 and she stopped, no option to avoid....Bam....Gook Luck and Prayers! Chuck

Thanks Kim. I guess I do worry a lot. Just really hate putting the one guy in a bind. Hopefully he'll find what he needs elsewhere that won't hold him up any longer.

What'd the guy need? Maybe someone can help him out on your behalf.

hey tracy, i know you are a very helpful person, and a great guy, you went out of your way to help me with some trans-go shift kit instructions. things happen and we fall into rough situations in life, i hope you get better, your health is always number one.

Tracy,

You are a valued member here that has no qualms about sharing your apparent bottomless well of information. On top of that, my business dealings with you have always been 100% satisfactory.

I know you've been having health issues for quite some time and wish you a quick and complete recovery.

BTW, the Holley pump is STILL doing it's thing and that drill has been an invaluable asset to my new home. :)

Do those sleep number beds really help with back pain?

It really depends on the nature of the pain. If nerves are being compressed by vertebrae, the adjustable nature of the mattress might help by getting the right support where it is needed; however, rolling over in bed will force the bones into the opposite direction and might cause pain.

I have found the Sleep Number mattress to be excellent for general back pain from muscle strain or weak back muscles. The latter can be helped by specific back exercises to build up the muscles to better support the spinal vertebrae. I have been using one of the Select Comfort (now Sleep Number) mattresses since 1996. (Yes, it is the same mattress!) Sleeping on worn out sagging coil spring mattresses is a leading cause of back pain from resultant muscle spasms from muscles being forced into unnatural positions. Coil spring mattresses begin to weaken with the first use and generally provide very little support after five or six years (or even sooner if you are in the Olympic horizontal mambo competition).

..i had big problems with my back as well and know what your going through.
my L5S1 was herniated and i was pretty well crippled,dragging one leg full time for almost a year.
had surgery and other than a couple of flare ups over the years i split wood,played hockey, had many difficult canoe trips and pretty well got my life back.
i sure hope all goes well for you!

Tracy you do what you have too to get better, back problems are the absolute worse thing to have for someone with our hobby/addiction. I think I speak for most members here when I say that you are one of the most respected and knowledgeable members we have and if you could you'd help almost anyone here. That being said if you find that someone just won't take no for an answer or is disbelieving that your situation is the reason you are unable to meet past obligations then you send that person to any of us Mods and we'll make a believer out of him/her. Get well!!!!!!!!!

Terry

What'd the guy need? Maybe someone can help him out on your behalf.

Thanks man, I appreciate the thought but it's a complete ready to bolt in 8-3/4 rearend. I have just what he wants under my Cuda now and have all the pieces to build a narrowed one for mine and told him about 7-8 weeks ago I'd have mine out by April to sell to him. A couple things beyond my control caused me to be late rounding up the final parts I needed to finish mine then about 3-4 weeks ago my back flared up so bad I can't muster the strength to put the new one together so I can sell him my old one. I had a cortisone shot in it right after the flare up and took it easy for a few days and it felt a bunch better and thought I was gonna be able to pull it off but the shot only lasted a few days so about a week ago I was getting ready to send him a PM to let him know I wouldn't be able to do the deal and I got one from him 1st. I answered and told him what was up and he hasn't answered back even though I've seen him on the board so all I can assume is I made him mad, which he has a right to be. It's my fault because I asked him to wait because I needed the money I'd get from him buying my 8-3/4 and he waited. Now he needs it and I can't deliver.

Wish I was closer to help you out. Is there anyone in the area who can help?????????

Wish I was closer to help you out. Is there anyone in the area who can help?????????

I was thinking the same thing.

Thanks guys for the offer. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in my area that could/would help. I tried to find help a month ago but everybody is either working too much or has too much stuff of their own to do. Even if I did find someone to help now there's another problem that came up to prevent me from doing it. My mother-in-law went in the hospital with what appeared to be a stroke but it turns out it was a severe kidney infection that poisoned her system. Really freaky cause it just seemed to happen overnight. She's been in ICU for 5 days and looks to be a couple more before she's well enough to go to a regular room. We're running to St. Louis nearly every day to see her which doesn't leave me much time to get it done before my back surgery which is in 2 weeks. I just don't see how it can happen but again thanks for the thought.

-
Back