Appraisal report

-

Originalowner73 340duster

Reaction score
How much is my 73 duster worth it needs restorations and needs floor pans and quarter pannels..how do I find out or get an appraisal certificate so I can get insurance??

Appraisal for insurance? Must be a New York thing. Put my 65 Barracuda (with antique tags) on my policy...only needed the Vin#.
Norm

Try Hagerty (i think) they do agreed value insurance on classic cars. ( no personal exp)

American Collectors Insurance. Tell them how much you think it is worth, and they will insure it for that much. "Stated value" policy. You are quite severely limited as to how much, and when, you can drive it though. I think I'm paying just over $300 for a $30K stated value.

I use American Collectors.

American Collectors has agreed value plans and added mileage plans if you think you will drive your classic a lot.

Just tell them how much you want to insure for. Now if its some crazy amount they might question it. Maybe not.

ANPAC (Chrome Insurance). Has an agreed on value up to $25000 no appraisal needed. Really no mileage limit as long as not a daily driver (work). But you have to be realistic on replacement value as they do want pictures. The only big consideration is the the vehicle must be stored and parked in a locked garage or ?

Worth is probably around 1000
Replacement value, now that might be higher

I have American Collectors, great service and experiences. All I'll add is they ask for a picture of your car. I agree too, $780 is WAY to high based on the information you provided.

Last edited:
Hagerty will write a policy in NYS with just a few pictures. No appraisal needed.

The issue might be that they have a minimum value, I think it's $5k, but it still will be very reasonable... Much less than the $780 quote.

Call them, be straight that the car is under going restoration, but I wouldn't mention that it needs floors. Take the pictures they want and if you have a reasonably clean license, you'll qualify.

My own agent for house and daily drivers also handles Hagerty... That's something to consider is to find an agent that can take care of all your needs. While the Hagerty insurance is fairly painless dealing with them directly, using an agent that wants to keep your other business makes it even easier.

I went through progressive which goes through Hagerty. I have an agreed value of $9995 on my dart and i claim 15,000 miles a year(daily driver). All for $2.95 a month.

Ya right..it runs and drives can't be worth only a g.. isn't that bad..come on now..
You drive it while in need of floor pans?
My point was, I didn't think you were being clear on what you were asking
BUT if I were a insurance adjuster looking at a car that needs a restoration, floors, and quarters, I'm sorry, but I'm writing it off as a total loss

And that's why you need to know if your looking at what it's worth, or what the replacement value is...two different things

You drive it while in need of floor pans?
My point was, I didn't think you were being clear on what you were asking
BUT if I were a insurance adjuster looking at a car that needs a restoration, floors, and quarters, I'm sorry, but I'm writing it off as a total loss

And that's why you need to know if your looking at what it's worth, or what the replacement value is...two different things
Agree but needing driver side floor pans and quarter pannels should not kill the value to basically nothing..could get more than a g just in rear and drive train alone I think..but what do I know.. car is priceless to me but not to insurance company..lol

If it has an 8.75 rear end, it should fetch a 1000.00 but that is if your parting it out

I'm not trying to pee in your wheaties, just trying to make sure you get the right number

If it has an 8.75 rear end, it should fetch a 1000.00 but that is if your parting it out

I'm not trying to pee in your wheaties, just trying to make sure you get the right number
Yes it has 8 3/4 rear manual transmission and rebuilt 72 340 with alot of new parts

See, if you include that in the appraisal report, it should help get you in the ballpark

I had my Duster insured through Infinity ins. for $25000 . The yearly premium was $158. They paid the full amount when it was totaled and I bought the car back for salvage price. less than 20%.

20170520_203808 (1).jpg

DSCN2765 (2).JPG

20170520_203824.jpg

I went through progressive which goes through Hagerty. I have an agreed value of $9995 on my dart and i claim 15,000 miles a year(daily driver). All for $2.95 a month.

Am I reading this right....$36 a year ??

Yeah i get crazy discounts from them had them for 14 years since i was 16 no accidents or tickets never missed a payment. The premium for $10,000 was $48 a month thats why its $9.995. I dont know what my insurance lady did but she did it.

I have my 69 Dart and 68 Barracuda with Hagerty. $600.00 a year. But you have to be reasonable on the amount you want to insure it for or they won't sell you the policy.

-
Back