Appraisal report

-
$780yr for a $2,500 car that gets limited use...and they want YOU to appraise it? All the policies I've had we're either "stated value" (premiums based off value), or they sent out THEIR appraiser. Why should you have to do it?

Unless you are 18 or have a pile of DUIs $780 is crazy. That's roughly what I pay for full coverage on my family SUV (roughly $70k, 20k miles a year, and multiple drivers). My wife's Challenger is @$50k, 10kmi a year and cost less than $300yr.

Insurance rates are based on zip code, credit score, age, driving history, etc. It's difficult to compare apples to apples in many cases IMO

Yeah i get crazy discounts from them had them for 14 years since i was 16 no accidents or tickets never missed a payment. The premium for $10,000 was $48 a month thats why its $9.995. I dont know what my insurance lady did but she did it.
I assume you are just adding this car onto an existing policy for cars and/or homeowners. Correct? That would explain the price.

Comp, collision, liability PIP, towing. The prices goes up with the extent of coverage. You get what you pay for. Minimum coverage is cheap and most people find out the hard way, after an accident. Even if its a weekend driver you want $100,000 for you and the passengers, the car is worth what ever the replacement value is unless your trying to get rich off of an accident.

Comp, collision, liability PIP, towing. The prices goes up with the extent of coverage. You get what you pay for. Minimum coverage is cheap and most people find out the hard way, after an accident. Even if its a weekend driver you want $100,000 for you and the passengers, the car is worth what ever the replacement value is unless your trying to get rich off of an accident.
hagerty it is 220 full coverage..100,000to 300,000 for me and passenger..glass coverage.free towing roadside assistance.3700 total loss coverage.deductable is 50 and 100and can change as I upgrade car!!

Yeah i get crazy discounts from them had them for 14 years since i was 16 no accidents or tickets never missed a payment. The premium for $10,000 was $48 a month thats why its $9.995. I dont know what my insurance lady did but she did it.

Be sure to read the fine print. Just cause the lady did it and it’s a deal doesn’t mean the insurance company isn’t going to come back after a claim is made and say “yeah, that employee didn’t follow proper procedures, so you policy is void. Sorry but have an ok day.”

Be sure to read the fine print. Just cause the lady did it and it’s a deal doesn’t mean the insurance company isn’t going to come back after a claim is made and say “yeah, that employee didn’t follow proper procedures, so you policy is void. Sorry but have an ok day.”
Had that happen to me. Lady said modified car would be 260 year. I bought the policy. 4 month later her boss called and says it is highly modified. Renewal would be nearly 700 a year. I am in the market.

Had that happen to me. Lady said modified car would be 260 year. I bought the policy. 4 month later her boss called and says it is highly modified. Renewal would be nearly 700 a year. I am in the market.
Did you try hagerty..they were very pleasant and helpful..I was pleased.. hopefully have no horror stories if something happens ..but herd good things from people who had accident and was satisfied

That exactly why I mentioned it. Someone saying “the clerk gave it to me so it must be legit” isn’t going to hold any water when it’s time to make a claim. Insurance companies don’t get to be as profitable as they are by making basic mistakes.

That exactly why I mentioned it. Someone saying “the clerk gave it to me so it must be legit” isn’t going to hold any water when it’s time to make a claim. Insurance companies don’t get to be as profitable as they are by making basic mistakes.
Hagerty is one of the top so fingers crossed I never need to do a claim I'm happy with the numbers in the policy tho

Hagerty is one of the top so fingers crossed I never need to do a claim I'm happy with the numbers in the policy tho

I’ve been with Hagerty for several years now and have been content so far but I haven’t had to make a claim yet.

I’ve been with Hagerty for several years now and have been content so far but I haven’t had to make a claim yet.
WE did have a guy here in pa couple years ago that had a garage fire. Badley damaged 3 classics. I think 2 were Mopars. Not sure on 3rd. Hagarty covered pro repairs on all three. The guy told me the claim was painless. NO argument, NO hassle at all

-
Back