appreciate some feedback on my sure-grip replacement.

-

wlecat

Reaction score
Hi guys – I would appreciate some feedback on my sure-grip replacement.

Need a replacement differentialunit for the 8.75” 489 rear – 3.23 R&P (yes that’s what I want in there) in my 67 Barracuda
Not planning on (serious) racing, maybe a little light hopping and I do like the curves!

Just wondering, which might be abetter idea for me:

Detroit Locker 913A572 - Detroit Truetrac Differential $543 shipped from jegs.com
Detroit Truetrac was thefirst helical gear differential ever introduced into the automotive aftermarket. It remains the leading helical gear-type limited slip differentialin the industry. The Detroit Locker Truetrac has proven helical gear designwhich eliminates the need for wearable parts, resulting in maintenance freetraction. Detroit Truetracs are recognized for their durability and smooth andquiet operation. Power transfer is so smooth;it literally goes unnoticed by the driver. Engineered to work efficiently infront and rear axles. No maintenance - Just Traction!

Or 8.75, clutch type sure-grip, power-lock, NEW $420 shippedfrom doctordiff1

New, reproduction 8 3/4"clutch sure-grip (power-lock) includes upgraded 1 piece 30 spline side gearsand 4340 cr-mo spider gears. These are not the same units offered by others. Iblueprint the clutch tension with hardened shims I produce. This unit takes early style25520/25590 carrier bearings and races:

OR should I just save the $123?
BTW…this is the first and last one I willever buy!

Oklacarcollecto suggested the Dr. Diff unit

Attachments

• trutrac.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 205
  • trutrac bdown.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 198
  • $T2eC16JHJGEFFm(mN(jBBRdqjuzsZ!~~60_3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 187
Clutch one will be just fine for what you are intending to do.

Clutch differentials are good units I put a clutch type in my pops duster, I have a true trac style in my lightning it takes a pounding and never had an issue with it. Personally if you need something to back high horsepower go true trac if its mild clutch ftw

I prefer the clutch type from Dr. Diff. I just installed one in a 8-3/4 for a buddy a few months ago. Nice unit. The 1 piece side gears are a nice addition IMO

ordered the clutch type from Dr. Dif.
thanks guys, good choice, I'll probably go before it does.
got the pinion seal from him too only $8

-
Back