Are 273 adjustable rockers rebuildable?

-

68-FISH

Reaction score
I was looking at the Crane ductile rocker and noted the adjustment screw/bolt appears to be the same as the stock component except for the slot and locking nut on the Crane piece. Has anyone tried obtaining those adjustment screws/bolts for replacement in a factory rocker arm? My rockers are in good shape except for one where the adjustment screw/bolt backs out.

Yes, crane sells them and they work great on stock 273 adjustable rockers. Part # 99802-16

Jake

Yes they do work, However if you are using stock baffled covers, the adjuster will hit the baffles. Just need to "adjust" the baffles with a hammer or like me, a press.

You need to file the top of the adjuster hole in the rockers flat so the locknut will seat evenly. Otherwise, they will work loose.

Yes they do work, However if you are using stock baffled covers, the adjuster will hit the baffles. Just need to "adjust" the baffles with a hammer or like me, a press.
And for some reason my stock 273 rockers were slightly hitting the valve covers.

-
Back