Are 360LA and 360 Magnum valley cover seals interchangeable and can I buy them separately.

-

maca

Reaction score
Hey all
I'm after the front and rear valley cover seals for my 360 magnum as I already have intake gaskets. Does anyone know if I can buy them separately or are the la ones the same.

You mean the seals at the front and rear of the intake manifold? That would be called end seals for the China wall and there the same. Normally thrown away for a thick beed of Permatex.

That's what I've done in the past but I was just seeing if I could get some to save me doing that.

Normally if you buy a 5.9 Magnum intake gasket kit they already come included. They are made differently than LA engine type.

That's what I've done in the past but I was just seeing if I could get some to save me doing that.
I have a stack of them I've never used once. A double stack bead of "the right stuff"(black Permatex) and never had a leak once. A little extra in the corners...

I use rtv like everyone else. But I have a set from my last gasket set. I bought the "premium" fel pro gasket set and those gaskets are steel core silicone! I thought about using them but ultimately decided against it. They even have little nubs that fit into the dowels holes in the block to keep them in place.

They're yours for the cost of shipping...

clean surfaces with like alcohol, study the curves of the block and intake (they vary), good silicone on both surfaces, after 3 minutes set the intake on, tighten down gently. let cure for as long as possible before fire up. In some locations gaskets do not last.

1974 Dart Sport.jpg

so,, when seating a edlebrock intake on a magnum 360, you guys just RTV the ends?
or do you buy and use the stock magnum 360 intake gasket set?
I use Magnum gaskets on super clean surfaces and RTV on the China walls and where the head meets the block and intake.

I dry set the intake without gaskets first and sharpie trace the rear china wall at the intake edge. This shows me exactly where to run my bead.

-
Back