Are 68-69 gts hoods the same part #s

-

cudacrazy67

Reaction score
I'm looking for one for a 68. I can pick up locally in pa or at Carlisle. Not looking for aftermarket crap that don't fit right. I'm looking for mopar metal.

Same bulge hood except for the holes for the placement of the GTS letters. The 68s had separate G-T-S letters, while the 69s had the GTS in one piece.

Thank you. How many 68 gts 340 cars came from the factory with a head rest on drivers side only? It's right on the build sheet.

crazy ..but i have seen MANY 68-9 cars with PASS HEADREST ONLY...

If you have been around as many bulge hoods as I have you will find out they are not 100% the same. There are differences from 68-69 in the underhood bracing, as in more crumple zones on the 69 hood. The differences are not immediately noticeable until you put them next to each other. Of course there were three different lettering hole locations, and the 68 does not have the three holes for the SWINGER emblem in 69 also.

Thank you. How many 68 gts 340 cars came from the factory with a head rest on drivers side only? It's right on the build sheet.

Imagine walking into a new car dealer today and asking to order one head rest only, and radio delete...... with a silver car and a green interior. Watch their head explode!

-
Back