Are 68 GTS inner door emblems being re-popped??

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have some GTS inner door emblems and the seller claims they are used but upon inspection....I am not sure I believe that claim.

1. wouldn't they have a pentastar on the back?

2. wouldn't the stud show signs of being previously pressed when they would have been attached to a door panel.

3. they seem too shiny for 47 year old emblems.

Attachments

• CIMG5208.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 163
  • CIMG5209.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 153
  • CIMG5210.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 139
  • CIMG5212.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 160
  • CIMG5211.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 147
Do those studs use a nut? How do they stay on the panel? Sorry for the stupid question lol

the last pic shows some originals attached to the door panel .....looks like the stud goes through and the part protruding on the back gets pressed in like a rivet to widen and hold the emblem.

I just checked and the seller has another pair listed that are identical.

these are re-pops but the thing that bothers me is the seller is listing them as used to mis-lead the buyer into thinking they are originals.

Just today I saw GTS seat emblems listed on E-Bay as being used, but they too look brand new. I'm sure they are reproductions also

Just today I saw GTS seat emblems listed on E-Bay as being used, but they too look brand new. I'm sure they are reproductions also

if its ebay seller chrisj3673 then they are re-pop

I am not sure if I should be angry or happy about the deal.

If they are "new" then he should list them as such but listing them as "used" makes the buyer believe they are originals. I really thought I was getting polished up originals.

-
Back