Are Duster and Scamp doors the same?

-

66dartdave

Reaction score
I'm wondering if door panels and the upper door plastic will work from one to the other. I"ve found some Dusters being parted out, so just wondering if anyone knows.

Thanks,

dave

I am guessing these parts are interchangeable. Same body style: Same interior parts, correct? :roll:

Im pretty sure the door panels are the same my dads 72 duster looks the same as my 72 dart the small things should work too like the window crank and the are rest :salut:

I'm pretty sure the factory would make them the same to save on parts cost. But the Scamp wheel base is supposedly longer than the Duster. Duster is 108" and the Scamp is 111".

How about Kev - you out there somewhere? Can you do the side-by-side comparison for us? Would sure appreciate it. It would open up a whole new source for interior parts.

Thanks.

dave

Zombie - thanks for the info. Just thinking and confirmation of these things would open up a whole new resource for some parts. Thanks veyr much.

dave

Ok here i am!The Scamp and Duster doors are the same except of course for the wing windows,Scamp's have them Dusters don't.The only other thing that's different is the inside door handle location.72 back they were in front of the armrest for and 73 and up they were toward the top and to the front of the door.This is for both cars. :)

Thanks Kev. That opens up a whole new parts source - for me anyway - LOL. Do the plastic door uppers appear to be the same, or, because of the vent windows, maybe they are different too.

dave

Well, I can try. On mine (74 Scamp) it has the normal inner door panel, but then at the top, where other cars have metal that extends from where the window goes, down to meet the regular inner door panel, mine is some kind of plastic or heavy vinyl material. If you rolled the window down, and layed your arm on the top of the door (you know, to look "cool" - hehehe), thats the part that is plastic and it extends down to meet the regular door panel. :|

dave

Ok now i see!Mines a 72 so it's all metal.So the best i can say is to find a 74 Duster and compare it with your Scamp to see if there the same. :thumleft:

OK, thanks, Evil. I really appreciate your taking the time to check all these things out. Information well received and will be used to the utmost.

Take care. Sure I'll have more questions as time goes on. :thumrigh:

dave

66dartdave said:
Sure I'll have more questions as time goes on. :thumrigh:

dave
No problem,that's what were here for to help each other out.So feel free to ask questions anytime.I'm sure everyone else here feels the same,there a great bunch of guys. :D

-
Back