Are Gauge lens available ?

-

mopar madness

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to restore my 72 non rally gauge lens, Can you buy these lens ?
Seems to me I read here where someone made he's on, but can't seem to find that thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

If they are not cracked you can restore them with fine sandpaper...1500-2000-3000 then mothers polish or polishing compound. If your careful and the scratches aren't to deep they will come out looking like new.

3M makes a kit to restore plastic headlights that would work great for this. Advanced Auto has the kit.

good luck

Make sure you lay the lens on something soft yet firm.....like a towel on a table.

Good luck and remember patience is key. Go slow and don't apply to much pressure or you will crack/craze the lens.....I have saved many pieces of plastic and lots of CD's and video games using Mothers Polish so I know it can be done.

IF you have a store like Dollar Tree in your area... There are nail buffing blocks ( I buy the hex shaped ) with a variety of small pieces of assorted grits. Just depends on how much you need. Just one small part, just one small dollar required.
Do peel the pieces off the block and use them separately though. Reason being, If the block should roll over a very course material could scar your nearly finished work.

-
Back