Are Hyper Pak manifolds available?

-

Palmetto

Reaction score
I am new to slants and was wondering if Hyper Paks are impossible to find these days, or should I be looking at a Clifford manifold?

I am new to slants and was wondering if Hyper Paks are impossible to find these days, or should I be looking at a Clifford manifold?
Hi,
I would call Clifford and ask them. Last time I called I was told it would be a while before he would cast some new ones as he had to have a minimum order before taking on this task. I would keep my eyes open reference used HP manifolds on the big electronic auction house and "parts for sale" on slant six forums and on here. Occassionally they surface. Finding an original will be tough and most likely a used one offered for sale will be a Doug D. repoduction or a repop from Clifford.
Clifford makes another 4 barrel intake (shorter runners) for the slant 6 but as far as "wow" factor pales in comparison to their reproduction Hyper Pak manifold.
Good luck!

The Aussie intakes are way more badass, but yes, Clifford supposedly makes an exact copy of the hyper pack. About their customer service......................

Here a new one never installed I bought on Ebay last year....by Clifford....

Attachments

• intake_zps8cc08748.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,529
I mean really. Why would you mess around with Clifford when you can have a REAL intake? Dammit man.

Well when you do order one,Order me a couple of big bore intake manifold gaskets...I will pay you for the gaskets and shipping to me...

.....and get me one of them new headers we aint sure will fit LHD A's yet. I'll be the test mule. lol

caint blame a guy fer tryin. lol

[ame=http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd338/6pakattack/69%20Darts/20130220_164259_zps5d63efcb.mp4]
th_20130220_164259_zps5d63efcb.jpg
[/ame]

Picture's blury,but click on it anyway !!

What's wrong with the Clifford Hyperpak ??

Severly unequal runner length. It won't make a difference in gross HP, in fact, the Clifford might edge out the Aussie,
but the Aussie will have much better throttle response throughout the RPM range & a much fatter TQ curve.

The Aussie would be a significantly better street manifold, the Clifford, slightly better on the drag strip. The Aussie
would be all over the Clifford on a road course.

Picture's blury,but click on it anyway !!

O May! That is a great looking and strong sounding set up you have 6pakattack
Looks like you have some happy/fun onlookers with you :cheers:
Beautiful color and wow what a great looking engine you have dun :cheers:

O May! That is a great looking and strong sounding set up you have 6pakattack
Looks like you have some happy/fun onlookers with you :cheers:
Beautiful color and wow what a great looking engine you have dun :cheers:

I was the onlooker !! Seems the Mallory Unilite distributor needed much readjusting before we could get the car to run right !!The guy doing the adjust is the owner of the MOPAR MISSLE DUSTER,Ben Dunhoff !!I've got a good amount of change invested in this build,so I chose the smart way out and had him build it for me !!:prayer::prayer: At least I feel a bit more secure with the way it runs !! If everything goes right,which it's finally starting to do,I may just get the car back next week !!:prayer: When it leaves his shop,it's headed straight to the muffler shop !Put on my X pipe,my Dyno Max Race Bullets,and my '72 Charger Exhaust tips,and I'll be ready to begin stylin and proflin !!!

When did you swap the Clifford for the Aussie intake? With no knowledge of flow characteristics, It's always seemed to me that the Aussie, with the center runners looping out of the plenum would equalize the charge to all cylinders better. That said, uneven charge to the middle cylinders doesn't seem to be a problem. That Aussie manifold just looks cool!

Mighty nice car! Are those "Buzzin' Half Dozen" decals available??

BC

-
Back